Newbie saying Hello :0) xx

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Jul 30, 2014
Media
Wales uk
Parrots
Yellowside green cheek conure - Rudi
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum so thought I would come along, say hi and also introduce myself.

My name is Nicola, I am 24 and a full time house wife and mother to my 3 children aged Lee 7, Lexie 5 & Damon 1. My partner of now 10 happy long years is now a lorry driver and so I spend my lonely time with my other babies here at home in west wales UK.
I am a total animal lover and would have a zoo if I could. We have 2 black Labradors Ocean & Raven, 2 Sphynx cats Purrsephonie & Missy, 2 snakes Phoenix the royal Python & ***** bag the Boa constrictor, and our new edition to the family as of last Saturday my baby yellowside green cheek conure Rudi.
Looking forward to being a part of this Forum, I am a huge lover of parrots i grew up with various species but conures are very new to me so I'm learning as I go. So far all is going well with our new baby and I am in love already. I hope to one day when my children are older to add an African grey to my family as I just love them. lol.

so hey this is a little about me :) look forward to all your posts, pics and info and I'm sure this forum will be a very helpful god send :) xx

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Nicola and welcome! Sounds like you have quite the menagerie there:)
I would love to see pictures of Rudi as well as the rest of your babies:)
So glad you joined us and look forward to getting to know you!

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
6 yr old Sun Conure (Ducati)
Welcome Nicola! I think you'll find a few of us have "zoos" here, myself included. Would love to see pictures of Rudi and the rest of your babies. Have to ask, how did you come up with the name for your boa lol?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hi Nicola, welcome to the forum. Congrats to you and Rudi for finding each other. Your home sounds like a busy, happy place. We'd love to see photos.

OP
X

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Jul 30, 2014
Media
Wales uk
Parrots
Welcome Nicola! I think you'll find a few of us have "zoos" here, myself included. Would love to see pictures of Rudi and the rest of your babies. Have to ask, how did you come up with the name for your boa lol?

ha ha lol she has never been the tamest of snakes even a s little baby she is quit aggressive when she wants to be I've been bitten by her a few times it really hurts lol and she always puffs her self up so we named her the name as it just suits her to a t lol
I will post pictures of Rudi and all my other babies soon :)

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
6 yr old Sun Conure (Ducati)
That's funny lol. Our old roommates got a baby Boa, without asking us first. I was terrified of snakes (still am a little bit lol), but he was a good little snake. I eventually got over my fear of him and held him. He liked the girls more than he did the guys. I still don't think I could ever have one myself lol.I think I'll just stick to my lizards lol.

OP
X

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Jul 30, 2014
Media
Wales uk
Parrots
lol ive always been fascinated by them our boa just isn't a very nice snake lol my royal python on the other hand is as soppy as our dogs ha ha xx

Most Reactions