Newbie w/question on best place to post

jonettehaynes

Apr 13, 2011
West Georgia
Parrots
Alexandrine
Sulpher Crested Cockatoo
Hello all, My name is Jonette and I am owned by a 25yr old Alexandrine, named (not by me) Alex of course! I'm sure most of you know that anytime you're a parrot owner, people you know who have birds or bird questions always come to you. I have an acquaintance that knew we had a bird who had a sulpher crested cockatoo (hope thats spelled right). She was the bird's 3rd owner and the bird's only 15yr old! Anyway, the bird is with me now. I won't go into details now but the bird has not had a happy life to say the least. The bird HATES me!! She tolerates my husband, who is not a 'bird person'. He just doesn't have any experience with large birds, my Alex is MY bird and lets everyone know it!

I am trying to figure out the best way to get this bird a permanent home with an EXPERIENCED bird ownder who will try to keep her for as much of her life as possible. I know she's relatively young in parrot years, but I really want her to have as little bouncing around as possible. She has adapted to her life of neglect very well, sadly enough. She doesn't pluck, but she is a screamer when left alone sometimes. Other than that, her only real 'behavior flaw' is that she will throw her food when you walk near her if she wants attention. I think that these months with us, having my husband actually hold her and interact with her, has made her realize the possibilities of loving and trusting a human and she wants more!!

Can anyone please point me in the right direction in the forum or on the net where I can post ads to find her an experienced owner that will give her the love and home she so desperately deserves. Also, her name is Bianca, but she is actually a boy! (That's probably half the reason she's so pee'd off!)

I live in West Metro Atlanta and will not ship her anywhere. Please understand that. She will have to picked up. I do not want to sell her, just find her a new home. She does have a large cage, though I'm not sure it's big enough for her. My Alex's cage is twice the size of hers.

Thank you all in advance! (love this forum by the way...:D)
Jonette

Conurekidd

Mar 30, 2011
Southern Calif
Parrots
YC Amazon Sampson

Sun Conure Bella

Cinn Green Cheek Conure Rexx
Birdboard.com they are very informative on rescues.
My amazon has been re homed 5 times me the 5th

He's 8 years old. His first owner died of cancer. The rest tried to breed him. He's not a breeder. So I bought him for the price of a baby lol. but he picked me. And as tame as a hand fed baby lol. I got lucky.

I hope this site helps though.

skycon

Apr 8, 2011
Media
Albums
Patrick AFB, Florida
Parrots
Savannah, 4 year old Hahns Macaw
I would also look at local bird rescues in your area. Most rescues will help you find homes and teach you how to screen potential adopters. Or they might even place him themselves and you can foster until he is adopted.

I am Savannah's third home and she is only 3 1/2 years old. She is a wonderful bird with a great personality. So there is always hope! Good luck!

OP
J

jonettehaynes

Apr 13, 2011
West Georgia
Parrots
Alexandrine
Sulpher Crested Cockatoo
Thank you both!! I will try all your suggestions. I'll post another ad here too. She's such a sweetheart and I just want her to have the life she deserves. Thank you again!

Jonette

Most Reactions