Newbie- What books & magazines ?

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
We just rescued a Eleanora Too. What are the best books & magazines for us to read ?

Any books specific about Too's ?

Thanks,
Kevin

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
I'm not too familiar with any 'Too-specific books, but some general parrot books I would recommend are Mattie Sue Athan's Guide to Companion Parrot Behavior and Bonnie Munro Doane's Parrot Training.

All the best to you and your rescued Eleanora 'Too! :)

madatter

Jan 31, 2012
Have a look on amazon.com for parrot books, look at the ratings and read the reviews. I also go for the used books instead of the new ones, not had any problems so far.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I also have the Mattie Sue Athen's book. Many here have recommended "Parrots for Dummies". Sally Blanchard has a good website and some books.

I would pick up the 2012 Birds USA magazine at your local pet store as there are always good articles in those. You might also want to subscribe to Bird Talk magazine.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Great. I ordered several of the books on Amazon and the magazine prescription $13 for 1 year.. One book was 0.13 lol

I would like this book, but the cheapest is $25 on ebay. Amazon is $25 new, used $45 ? (weird)

A Guide to Australian White Cockatoos by Chris Hunt

Thanks guys,
Kev

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
The Birds USA magazine has some good resources in it as well like a list of avian vets, bird clubs and last year's had an A to Z list of bird diseases and symptoms so I will be holding onto that.

It also will have articles on different species, cages, food, poop and all kinds of things bird owners should know. It is definitely worth buying one every few years at least. Last years had some more updated information compared to the ones I bought more than 10 years ago.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Yeah,....with 3 dogs and four cats, like I need more info on POOP ! :eek:
I also sunscribed to that magazine & should be great. When does it come out next ?

Most Reactions