V

Virgil8320

Aug 8, 2020
Buffalo NY
Parrots
Trigger-Quaker bonded to my wife

Virgil-Goffin adopted 8/3/20
Virgil says Hello to everyone
TH3Xg4CJRVfO91h56WLayodTsHRoCxJU04LVJLKKvktyjKSjmF2vQpym4yKW7yuo3pC1mUDfrU0NugBT-zOHJrhXkSs4Ac-T-aTH-cE6Ch_8Xn0KF43rR0Jxa8dFT6rBXpPs8q3lqMAmj5V7J1aEQK2wVpRD8wMTb-V1YO0rHtDNf674v6Z1_fBURHUSoLB1xqyM8lbNEBUosEfAKftyawv-BeUH3ZpZUVIgiKriQitgshwPhPSv9mIyJDkGRX_1G9PtCnjsyYNJ0EADleQLQ0b5waD2zmafSPZvsVKf2pJYyA8FPW-aJzfTsm1r2ZwLviI4s4WKUBk_bpXOI4p682HsHo0d-XbGdgSLbBOIYx7k6Bk0WTAEkvVksdwAk_yZ9zIyjjVn3pzLvjEnKenXQRW9t-xHg7O9w6vVVOtbQpHn2_PoU6mrmZvEeby2sRleEJAYjx9DwGPrfvO20eKo_NJDJs_r22-WPo5li-O67iWP_uZL3W50HDD3NXDUeJg558_1MXjelcsIq6ROIbsQoZBl3azF53gQ9uVXSgDfquyJVGZcOapbavS6s7-HWQBcxYzYSY88L2lO9cUYsj8wMouMWlkJ8XZCLQ1b2gYUGegI6kUrQ90BCY3vzc-AovQWUg76DCTDCJSjU1-0Wrm3nTSAsxLd9dGOEtSKY9fWHHpSocxiULR2nf7jFlwD=w704-h938-no

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
TH3Xg4CJRVfO91h56WLayodTsHRoCxJU04LVJLKKvktyjKSjmF2vQpym4yKW7yuo3pC1mUDfrU0NugBT-zOHJrhXkSs4Ac-T-aTH-cE6Ch_8Xn0KF43rR0Jxa8dFT6rBXpPs8q3lqMAmj5V7J1aEQK2wVpRD8wMTb-V1YO0rHtDNf674v6Z1_fBURHUSoLB1xqyM8lbNEBUosEfAKftyawv-BeUH3ZpZUVIgiKriQitgshwPhPSv9mIyJDkGRX_1G9PtCnjsyYNJ0EADleQLQ0b5waD2zmafSPZvsVKf2pJYyA8FPW-aJzfTsm1r2ZwLviI4s4WKUBk_bpXOI4p682HsHo0d-XbGdgSLbBOIYx7k6Bk0WTAEkvVksdwAk_yZ9zIyjjVn3pzLvjEnKenXQRW9t-xHg7O9w6vVVOtbQpHn2_PoU6mrmZvEeby2sRleEJAYjx9DwGPrfvO20eKo_NJDJs_r22-WPo5li-O67iWP_uZL3W50HDD3NXDUeJg558_1MXjelcsIq6ROIbsQoZBl3azF53gQ9uVXSgDfquyJVGZcOapbavS6s7-HWQBcxYzYSY88L2lO9cUYsj8wMouMWlkJ8XZCLQ1b2gYUGegI6kUrQ90BCY3vzc-AovQWUg76DCTDCJSjU1-0Wrm3nTSAsxLd9dGOEtSKY9fWHHpSocxiULR2nf7jFlwD=w704-h938-no

I'd love to see Virgil, but only image is of grey circle with white dash in center. Unable to view with IE, Firefox, or IOS browsers.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?

I'd love to see Virgil, but only image is of grey circle with white dash in center. Unable to view with IE, Firefox, or IOS browsers.

Oh, I didn't even see that! I just though Virgil was checking in! Had no idea a pic was posted.

To post a pic, upload to your profile.
Click your blue username in the upper-right corner at the top of the web-page, then scroll down and look for where it says friends etc (on the right). You should see "albums". Click "show albums" then scroll to the bottom and click "add to album". Then you will upload the image. From there, 2 codes will be produced under the corresponding image. Copy the bb code (highlight it, then hold ctrl and push c while holding ctrl)..If the BB code doesn't work, try the other, but I think it's the BB you want...then go to your message box (where you would normally post), click the mountain with the sun above the message box and paste in that link that you copied (click where you want to paste it, hold ctrl and push v while holding ctrl) . When you hit post, you should see the image.

Last edited:
OP
V

Virgil8320

Aug 8, 2020
Buffalo NY
Parrots

Sorry (facepalm) I should have read the FAQ's. This should work.

virgil8320-albums-virgil-picture22674-img-20200811-201558.jpg
[/IMG]

OP
V

Virgil8320

Aug 8, 2020
Buffalo NY
Parrots

Yes he has no bare spots and his skin looks great.

OP
V

Virgil8320

Aug 8, 2020
Buffalo NY
Parrots

Lots of beak grinding with him the last few days so hopefully that mean he is starting to acclimate with the house.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
generally a sign of relaxation (or sleepiness) but Noodles did it a lot when she was settling in. Good sign, I would say.

OP
V

Virgil8320

Aug 8, 2020
Buffalo NY
Parrots

I definitely see how when they get super excited or nervous they can bite without thinking. Was just overly excited while tossing a paper around that he decided to bite my finger. Not nearly as hard as before,it didn't even break the skin but still. He is currently in his. Cage and we are trying the shun method.

Add it to the behavior chart. I knew immediately when he got too excited and tried to distract but no luck

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
I could be wrong!!!

In my, U2 opinion, yes, that is sweet, but sexy...very dark room...very interested bird....think about if you saw that with another bird in nature. You can still pet him, but that pushiness is there fore a reason (IMO)..again they all like being touched a lot and push for it, but there is a line. He's not vibrating in a sexual way, but his persistence makes me think it very much is sexual (no other purpose for that)...plus, at least with a U2, the vibration happens once you have gone well past the line..dk...cute bird...

I tend to be more conservative, as I have an older u2.

You can do that, with the lights on, for a few seconds, don't laps/couches are hormonal hot-beds for the,, at least U2s...

Last edited:
OP
V

Virgil8320

Aug 8, 2020
Buffalo NY
Parrots

The room was not dark I am not sure why the video is dark. It's right next to my 5' bay window.

I keep limiting it to a minute or less

I do know he is molting and has some nasty pin feathers on his head and neck.

Virgil thanks for the compliment

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
The room was not dark I am not sure why the video is dark. It's right next to my 5' bay window.

I keep limiting it to a minute or less

I do know he is molting and has some nasty pin feathers on his head and neck.

Virgil thanks for the compliment

Anytime my U2 is super lovey, I just try to keep it short, because she always loves "cuddles" / me petting her head w her gazing up/chomping the air lovingly, but it can be a trigger for her. Almost all extended contact with my U2 becomes sexual if it is prolonged, even head and neck pets only.

U2s are NOT goffins, so I am not saying you have to stop 100%, but just tread lightly, with this in mind, along with the differences between our birds.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

I haven't seen that exact form of head rubbing, but they are extremely tactile and love head scratching.

When I sit at the computer, generally a goffins is on my knee or shoulder. They absolutely love when I put my hand around their heads. I'll scratch and rub while they constantly turn the head for equal time!

OP
V

Virgil8320

Aug 8, 2020
Buffalo NY
Parrots

Virgil could let me scratch his head all night if I let him. If I stop scratching him and he decides to preen him self he will make sure that some part of him is touching my arm or hand. He gives me a dirty look if I move it away.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Virgil could let me scratch his head all night if I let him. If I stop scratching him and he decides to preen him self he will make sure that some part of him is touching my arm or hand. He gives me a dirty look if I move it away.

Yup, that's the goffins magnetic attraction their people. Congratulations, you qualify!!

derekdylan7

Jun 2, 2020
Media
nr Peterborough, UK.
Parrots
Goffin Cockatoo
First thing I would say is Goffins are so loveable and very loving to their owners. But they are also naughty and spiteful if they want to be and have no problem flitting from one mood to the other and today breaking all the rules they followed yesterday. It's good to cuddle but it's also good to get him to play independently. Ours still tries to get on the floor and bite the toes of new guests or even ones he's been friendly to for years, once in a while. If he bites fingers or toes don't take it personally! It's often a game and his idea of a bit of fun, more rarely is it a serious attack. Observe carefully which kind it is, and respond appropriately. Oven gloves are a must for scooping up a Goffin from the floor when all else fails. When chasing around the cage, ours still sometimes jumps towards the gloves, suspends himself for a swing before being wrapped up and cuddled and deposited into his home. Toys: for chewing I'd say this: if it can't be shredded, he won't be interested for too long. There's years of trust building ahead of you-enjoy the ride! Finally one more point about touching-sometimes they just want new feather ends to be 'opened' - be careful with new blood feathers - so help him preen and he'll love you forever

OP
V

Virgil8320

Aug 8, 2020
Buffalo NY
Parrots

What is the obession with trying to drink coffee. I won't let him have it but as soon as I sit down with a cup he goes for it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts