Not again. I'm super stressed.

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Thank you everybody. Leo is down to 127g this morning and pooping out undigested formula. That's just confirmation I'm making the right choice. He deserves to not be in pain just so I can keep him around a little while longer. Our appointment is at 1. It's going to be a tough morning. I do have something to distract myself for a little bit, but after that it's just waiting.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Just catching up with this thread and so very, very sorry for this awful news.

Sending hugs and prayers to you, your family and flock. Fly free little one.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Thinking of little else but you, little Leo, and your family.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Beatrice, I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you and Mr. C, and your entire family. Even when our heads tell us what we must do, our hearts still break over doing this one last thing we can do for our beloved babies.
I will be thinking of you all today.

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Thank you. We are spending his last hours outside in my back yard. Birds belong outside. That's where he should be.

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Beatrice, I'm so saddened by seeing this latest update. Leo knows that you have always loved him dearly, and he knows that you are doing what you need to do out of love. I think they understand. Beautiful photo of Leo enjoying fresh air with his favorite person. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

I've been through it (ABV and euthanasia) and so have others here. It's heartbreaking, and sadly all too common.

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
He's gone.

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
So saddened by this news, you have truly done all you could for the little guy.
I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling. Just know, you and your flock are in everyones thoughts at this difficult time. x

He will always be in our hearts and memories

xxxxxxx

Last edited:

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Fly free Leo, knowing you were loved beyond measure.

Please keep us updated on the other birds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
All our love to you and your flock.
Please forgive me if I feel little Leo is still here, just in a different state of being somehow.
I hope someday I do as much justice to the Rb as you did for Leo.

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Fly free, little one.

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
I hope that soon, it will help you to talk about it, because I really want to listen. This is something I need to learn about and prepare for as much as possible, for obvious reasons. Thank you for being so brave as to share the story. You're a beautiful soul, Beatrice.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
I haven't been on the forum much this week as I've been busy, so when I saw this my heart broke for you, Leo, and the rest of your flock and family. What a sudden shock. I am just so sorry. I hope you are able to take solace knowing that Leo is no longer in pain and no longer has to endure the many hospital stays, tests, procedures, and treatments. I know there is little that can bring you comfort right now but I hope you find some. Positive energy to you and your family.

And I will be thinking about the rest of your flock, they will be in my heart, hoping for all negative tests for this awful disease.

"Dance like nobody's watching..."

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Fly free little Leo. May you safely cross the rainbow bridge and one day reunite with your family.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences for your loss of Leo. He was a gallant fighter and had every bit of help possible. I hope the remainder of your flock remains healthy.

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Thank you everybody. This morning has been rough. My house is far too quiet. Leo was my morning instigator. His singing is what started everybody else in the mornings. It's been quiet while he was sick, but I still had hope that his voice would return. Now that it won't the quiet is just so dreadful. A home with birds should never be quiet.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Beatrice, please forgive me for missing this thread, I'm only now catching up. I'm so very sorry for what you gone through. Deepest condolences for the loss of Leo, everything in this thread speaks loudly of how very much Leo was loved. There are no words to lessen the pain I know you're feeling but please know we all understand and we all care. Hugs and healing thoughts to you and yours.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this news Beatrice. You did the selfless thing in letting him go and he went feeling very loved and cared for.

I've been working on a picture of Leo for you, I'll do my best to finish it up today. I believe it's very important to immortalize companions via art, pictures, videos, and/or memories.

I hope you're doing well, I know it's a hard time but we're all here for you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts