Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Beatrice, you and yours have our deepest condolences. And of course is it my honor to have made a donation to Cornell University's parrrot health studies in Leo's name. I saw a Sennie today at the Festival we performed at, and I knew that Leo was gone, so playing with this little one was kinda sad. I told him about Leo , and that he had a lot to live up to. Maybe Leo and my little Max are up to no good over the Bridge.

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Thank you Wrench.

We had a little burial for Leo, Angelo and Cookie today. We'd been waiting on one of MrC's daughters to be in town to bury Cookie, which is why he was still in the freezer, and we'd gotten busy taking care of Leo so hadn't yet buried Angelo. The east coast daughter said it was okay to bury Cookie without her, so the daughter that lives here came over and we had a nice little memorial for them and buried them as a flock.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Awww. Well as you likely know, time heals a bit, and we tend to remember the good things and times with both people and pets that have passed. We get to keep them in our hearts, as treasures to be remembered.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
That's really beautiful (the burial and memorial). Many hugs, and comfort for your sorrow.

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Ok, oh whoop, now I am crying!
Through all of this, you are reaching out to emyoung858 in her time of need!

Having to leave my house to go to hers twice a day is probably what got me through the weekend. It seemed like every time I was just staring at his empty cage and about to lose it, it would be time to go give Lily her shot, and that kept me from going to crazy.

Leena

Mar 31, 2015
India
Parrots
Alexandrine - Rio, Budgies - Blu and Tweety
I don't log in often but was following your post regarding Leo.
Leo is now a bright star in the sky. He left this world knowing he was loved and his family was with him when he needed it

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
the pics you are posting aren't loading?

I'm so sorry for your loss..!

a toast... TO LEO!
yumgrinder-albums-flock-picture17826-img-20170327-213657.jpg

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Oh Beatrice I'm at a loss for words, my heart goes out to you and yours. Fly free little Leo.

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
On the pictures: I have no idea what happened. All of a sudden about 2-3 weeks worth of pictures I've uploaded to photo bucket have just disappeared. :(

Most Reactions

Latest posts