Not sure to take this as a compliment or an insult...

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
As many of you know;) Kiwi is NOT much of a chewer. So much so, I still have wood beads in near-perfect condition from toys we got in the first year we had him:eek: (in fact, the little purple shooting star and orange wood beads in the pics are some that have been around for YEARS). I've "recycled" them so many times, the dye has washed out:rolleyes: He likes to dismantle toys and play with all the little parts, but he never really chews ANYTHING. He also doesn't seem to care about cardboard or those "confetti" mess toys. Well, that grass mat I got him...:52: I don't know if he loved it or hated it, but this is the most destructive thing he has EVER done (not in a bad way)! He didn't even untie the knots on all the little toys or forage the treats from his favorite treat cups:(. 100% focused on tearing it down for the past few days. I think maybe he didn't like that it took up the corner of his cage I normally hang his favorite little foot toys in... He seemed happy when I removed it:(. Not sure if this was a win or a fail of a toy...

DSC_5755_zpsb92ae9ee.jpg

Take THAT you evil grass mat!
DSC_5753_2_zps87394a2f.jpg

Last edited:

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
He's probably like Zoe, he just likes variety. We are constantly rotating and repurposing toys.

He looks pretty happy to me :)

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Wow! He zipped through that pretty fast! I always look at it the faster it is gone the more enjoyment on their part so I would take it as a good thing!:p

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
Yay! I have a doggie nephew who prefers taking apart rope toys to chewing them! She undoes the knots then teases apart the strains - end up looking like a mop exploded, but she has a grand time doing it!

Phlox

Jun 16, 2014
Looks like a win to me! *puts grass mat on the list of toy parts to order*

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I agree with everyone. I'm betting it means he REALLY likes it :)

I love the seagrass mats. Even plain with nothing on them. They're so versatile. You can adorn them, you can use as a privacy screen, or a shreddable toy in itself.

Mango121913

Aug 9, 2014
Ripley WV
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus
How could he not love it? He just wanted to move it to make room for MORE toys! Looks like he's waiting for something new. Maybe he just doing some rearranging?

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I guess after 6 years with this bird being ever so gentle with his toys, checking in yesterday and seeing THIS just made my jaw drop! He's a stinker. I'm going to redo his foraging cups up in a hanging toy for him tomorrow, and gave him a new "jellyfish" rope toy I got off amazon and an old favorite with lots of knots to untie:) He saw his favorite knot toy and gave me that "you gave me all this work to do, how could you!" look;)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
April, Gale's looks VERY similar to his!! She loves to stand on hers and chew on it. I wouldn't think he hated it, and if you think he might, then perhaps put it in a different place(maybe somewhere he doesn't spend too much time?) and see if he still goes on a seek-and-destroy mission. ;)

Glad to see happy Kiwi pictures!

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
I need to try one of the mats for Sassy! She doesn't really like chewing on wooden toys...which doesn't make sense to me because she chews on my cabinets just fine..lol. Kiwi is so beautiful! You can see he has such personality in the pics!

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
whether he hated it or not,at least he was too busy to be bored

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
I love his expression in the last pic! :) Its so funny how they have their favorites. there's the one toy I only buy every once in a while because Mopar will have it destroyed with in 15 minutes, and little wooden pieces will be all over the place. What's funny is he is not THAT destructive with the other wooden toys... just this particular one.

Most Reactions

Latest posts