Num Num's first outing since his accident

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
well, it's been 3 weeks since that miserable accident happened.
He has remained in his cage until I was 100% sure he was fully healed(well, as best as he can be considering)
so, today I let him out for some free flight time, talk about happy!!!
He and Pearl (his girlfriend) flew around like crazy for the first 5 minutes or so, just getting rid of all that pent up energy.

the most beautiful moment happened when I opened his cage to let him out, he stepped right up onto my finger, I pulled him close to me and he just kissed me over and over , it was the best thank you I have ever received.:D:D:D:

he was out for over 5 hours today, and he came to me 3 times, would land on my shoulder, lean into my face to give me more kisses......talk about melting my heart!:p:p

such a grateful bird

Last edited:
OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
He is looking great!!! Your hard work and dedication paid off since he's looking so handsome in the picture! ;)

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Because of having been in Animal Rescue, and helping out many animals in bad situations, I have come to feel that animals have a sense about, and know that, you are helping them. Not all of them, and many of them are too scared to realize it. But, many times I have had dogs, or birds, or other animals, jump into my arms. Because they knew I was taking them away from there. My point is that Num Num knows that you went above & beyond for him. And he's so happy to let you know it.

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Look at how happy he looks! I'm so relieved that he is doing so good!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh Beth, that picture just sent chills down my spine and my eyes welled up with water. NumNum really, truly looks phenomenal. He is one very special birdy boy! :)

Thank you for posting that precious picture of him on your head.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
thanks Wendy,I poured my heart and sole into getting him back on his feet again.

do you know how hard it was trying to take a picture with Num Num on my head, my lovebird on my shoulder pulling at my earring, and my cockatiel on my other shoulder pulling at my chain around my neck?, lol!
anyways, he looks like he's smiling doesn't he? such a funny bird :)

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
He looks so happy! :D And he is looking great! Great job Crimson! She is one well loved bird!

Most Reactions

Latest posts