nut questions

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
just a few questions i have on nuts behaviour, though there nothing alarming i don't want to be sending out wrong signals for her :52:

kisses?? what is a bird kiss?? nut will very gentally nip at lips, but i've tried to stop that and i will give her a quick peck on top of her beak and a mwah sound

i have tried to stop her doin this but when she is on our shoulders she will sneak a sneaky kiss in lol :10:

also when we sit with our legs up lol she stalks our toes!! :11: and though not bite hard, just nibble them :32: my son will lift his leg and she'll hang on, but i have told him he is NEVER to let his leg drop! incase she falls under his foot, its all very funny :D to watch

also does your bird tell you off?? i have come to the conclusion, nut is telling me off when she bites my finger, let me explain further.....

1st time when i told her to get off curtains, she flew onto my hand and bit down on my finger twice, grrr rather hard and i screamed like a girlie :(

and the other times have been when i am putting my make up on and she wants the brushes etc she is on my shoulder and when i put brushes away, she side steps down my arm an does a quick chomp, chomp on my finger! not hard, now but its always 2 bites?? if i ask her to step up and she don't want too, chomp, chomp lol
she very rarely bites me now if at all other then nibble toes and lips, and as these chomps don't really hurt, i don't mind, but they are like she' is telling me off lol

Last edited:

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
I usually don't let Tiki kiss my lips because She can be sweet as an angel one minute and then want to be very nippy other times. So I will do the kissy sounds but only get my lips within a few inches of her beak.

Take this morning for instance, she was ready to play so I got her out of her cage and walked around with her on my shoulder and gave her a few treats. I then gave her a piece of paper to play with while on my shoulder. She dropped the paper and when I bent down to get it for her, she started pinching my neck. So I put my fingers between her and my neck. That really ticked her off so she started pinching my fingers. That ticked me off so I started trying to get her to step up, b ut Tiki decided she wasn't having any of that so she scrambled down my back.

I had to pull my T-shirt off to get her off. I tried again to get her to step up, which made her even more angry so she latched onto my finger and I forced her to step up. I let her pinch my finger all the while I was walking her back to her cage and telling her. " Go ahead young lady, get all that frustration out because your going to have plenty of time to think about it because your going into time out for quite awhile."

I locked her in her cage and walked away. I'm sure it hurt me more than it bothered her. But she set there sulking. I left her there in her cage for an hour and when I let her out, she was more than ready come out and then was sooooooo sweet, sugar wouldn't melt in her mouth. So I've heard how sweet Senegals are or can be, but they can also be a real devil with feathers too.

OP
suebee

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lmao @ devil with feathers :) yup

everythings gotta be done as if it was there idea :)

i don't really put my fingers to ransom no more lol and i'm so pathetic when she bites me with pressure, i'm sure she feels bad for it lmao

i was watching resident evil 3, and in 1 of the sceens it was like the birds lol when a hoard of crows attack, she really showed interest in that scene :11: i just told her not to be getting ideas!!:52:

have you had moments when tiki is on your shoulders and you turn to look at her, she's looking strait at you, and you know she's plotting something??:11:

lorri

Mar 1, 2011
lowestoft, suffolk
Parrots
none at present
both of your babies are little characters. Suebee you mentioned nipping from your Senegal funny enough sky used to that too. I think it was his way saying don't stand too close to me or I bite you lol

OP
suebee

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lol lorrie there way too funny! even when there bad! :09:

like this morning i've had a rare morning off work lately, and everything i've given her she's thrown to floor :mad: why cos she like's her bread in the mornings!!! my son an hubs gives her bread lol (though i have restricted it to mornings only as its seeded bread an they use alot of fat in the making of the bread) and she's been flying about shreiking as i wasn't giving her the correct meal!!!:32:

so she's had her bread an is now sat all content on top of her cage demanding head rubs, making cute little kissy sounds, back to head rubbing duties lol

OP
suebee

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
yes i got some in my profile lol not to clear as i mainly use my camera phone, an yes she does let her feelings be known lol

OP
suebee

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
she is lol she's just un hooked curtains in room!! when they fall she always flies off across room an does her tall skinny

so i am going to make her a set for her cage lol

Last edited:

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
lmao @ devil with feathers :) yup

everythings gotta be done as if it was there idea :)

i don't really put my fingers to ransom no more lol and i'm so pathetic when she bites me with pressure, i'm sure she feels bad for it lmao

i was watching resident evil 3, and in 1 of the sceens it was like the birds lol when a hoard of crows attack, she really showed interest in that scene :11: i just told her not to be getting ideas!!:52:

have you had moments when tiki is on your shoulders and you turn to look at her, she's looking strait at you, and you know she's plotting something??:11:

Yeah, all the time. I tell Tiki all the time when I look at her, I see Trouble with a Capital T, Capital UBLE hahahahahaha.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
she is lol she's just un hooked curtains in room!! when they fall she always flies off across room an does her tall skinny

so i am going to make her a set for her cage lol

I'm sure that is her saying "What, I didn't do nothin, so don't blame me".

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
I'm sure Tiki hasn't been through her first molt yet being only a year old, so the worst is yet to come. I hear Sennies can be a real pistol when they are molting and I'm sure most parrots are.

Most Reactions

Latest posts