Officially out of room

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
So I typed a long post... And my iPad lost it...

So anyways since I got two birds instead of the planned one simply to "replace" my CAG Sydney who passed away.. And the cage I got last minute ended up being big enough to travel, move around, go outside, etc, but really not big enough for my GCC to live in... I had to find a new cage. Found one on Craigslist that was in immaculate condition as were the gentleman's birds. It was also HUGE and 1/5 the cost of the cage brand new. So I brought it home. And I ordered mango pet focus disinfectant along with some various foods from Mysafebirdstore...mind you I placed my order tues early am. Received it wed at 415 pm. Crazy fast.
So tonight I disnfected cages, moved perches, generally created havoc. My two new guys were so calm and well adjusted about the fact I was slamming into cages while trying to put this enormous darn cage together. At one point I stood inside the cage. I was so impressed, my BFA watched her new cage be put together, her favorite perches and food moved from one to the other, and then she patiently stepped up and waited for her transfer. Then ate and drank like this cage was much more to her liking.
Meanwhile my little trouble maker literally dived into his food bowl...

So now my BFA has a cage I could probably live in.,. My little GCC has a cage a CAG comfortably lived in for 7 years... And my lovebird still has a two door flight cage..... I on the other hand..i have no space to move. My already pretty small apartment has been over taken. The bird room has no more vacancy! :)

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
image.jpg3_1.jpg

Pineapple the lovebird

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
image.jpg1_1.jpg

Chiqui in her new huge abode

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
image.jpg2_1.jpg

And here we have the as yet not named because unsexed GCC Pre nose dive....

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this, and WOW, Chiqui's new dig truly IS a mansion! :D Lucky lucky birdies!! Love how all their cages are furnished, too.

Isn't it mind blowing how quickly MSBS's orders arrive? :eek:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Fantastic accommodations for your flock! A shipment from MSBS makes a very nice cage warming gift. Very lucky birdies!

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
Wowza! I hope you aren't claustrophobic! The birds have plenty of space, though! Living like kings and queens!

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Thank you! I felt like I was rambling but I was so excited I had to share!
I don't know if they were nearly as excited as I was for the MSBS shipment but that was worth it alone.
For breakfast they got some of the crazy corn Polly pasta. I will say both don't seem interested and my lovebird is never really... Just gotta keep trying until I find something other than pellets they get excited about. I'm going to make a similar to chop that I can eat with them and see if that works.
Chiqui has her vet appt tomorrow and I'm so worried it is going to stress her, but she seems so easy about things.

I absolutely love their new abodes!

And, no I'm not usually claustrophobic... But this is pushing it lol

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Great set-up! BEAUTIFUL birds :) They have so much room, those birds are VERY blessed to have such a caring owner!

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Thank you! I'm an animal lover raised my one as well... My mom always taught me we go without before they do and it truly brings me joy to spoil them... No human kids for me... Love my critters

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Would you believe I found that giant mansion for $100? And it was literally 5 minutes from where I work. I think that was meant to be chiqui's cage :)

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Amazing cages and set-ups!! I can see why your babies are so happy :)

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
I was pretty impressed with myself :)

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
It makes me so happy to see birds in really large cages, how nice it must be for them :) I tend to go big too. When your normal limit is the limitless sky, you need room to move!

Most Reactions