Oh No..In a Dilemma.

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
I recently got an email from a supposed breeder saying he bred the birds I've been looking into, Poi's and Pi's, and then was recommended to someone else. It might have been because I was asking if he bred Senegals or White Capped Pionus' and he didn't breed them.

Anyways, if this breeder that I was suggested to does breed those two specific species I'm having a horrible time deciding between the two. To which I need some help, looking online it was very broad to the species someone wanted (i.e Senegal or Pionus).

I chose to stick to birds that aren't overly expensive so money wouldn't be the biggest of issues but was wondering which species of birds tend to be more expensive.
Also, what would you recommend to be the best cage dimensions suited for these birds, I'm restricting myself from getting the "minimal" but I don't want to be spending all my money for just the cage by getting a macaw cage ;)
Does a Sennie or a WCP show signs of anger and or biting better? (Gotta get myself prepared any way).
Do Pionus (broadly) get as temperamental as Senegals do?
And being just generalized (not basing it on specific bird attitudes), which would get along better in a house with other animals--with no contact of course!.
LASTLY, which seems to get jealous less? I hear both get very greedy about their favorite person but the wordings are too alike.

I have a Pro's and Con paper set up but everything is pretty much matched which makes it even harder as it is! There's probably a lot of questions I missed to ask since I was double tasking this with eating, but I'll post them as soon as I remember them

Hopefully, by the time everything has settled he'll have both species being weaned to where I can see which bird "bonds" to me. I don't want to make this into an "impulse" and by whichever bird comes first to only regret my choices.

Thank you, I'm really excited to be talking to a breeder of one or both of the species I screamed!

Most Reactions