OHH im CRAZY

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
I see all your pictures of love bird and I want a pair now ! LOL they are soooooo cute I just love them all so much.

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... You get lovebirds and I'll be forced to get a parrotlet... We have to stay strong together... dang cute adorable tiny little birds :) its like being a junkie, just say no to crack....

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
So hard to say no to those sweet little faces! I have a hankering for a Galah:(
Or a Toucan.
Or a Sun conure.
Or a Caique.

See what you started?!?

OP
M

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
Hohhot the more in see them the more I want them and I want one just like dally's. That little guy is soooooo cute and he won the pic contest last month so I look at his pic alllllll the time !!! Does anyone breed them here ?

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
There is a cape that is a permanent resident at the shelter, he is so pretty and sweet. So I can understand that being on your wishlist!!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Here I am, jealous of all the bigger birds! All those Amazons with wonderful personalities! :D

I actually LOVE the smaller birds, and for many reasons my favorite size are no bigger than Pionus. :)

I used to have bigger birds, but my life and schedule couldn't give them what they demanded and deserved. Now they have aviaries to fly in, and everything they ever needed.

In addition to my best buddy Robin who I've had over 19 years, I'm slowly building up my flock again. Just a couple more eventually, but they will be most likely Poi's or Pi's. They're perfect for me. :)

I also want a dog again... Most of my adult life I've been without a dog, so you can say I'm a dog newbie. I'd need to join a dog forum lol. Every breed I can think of that I want is not a beginner's dog breed. :(

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
They're cute but can be feisty little buggers....especially when it's a pair!

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
I've been itching for a caique or a galah... :)
Maybe one day if I have room for an outdoor aviary-type area I may be interested in a toucan.
I hear they actually make good pets, and are playful/interactive. Anyone have experience on that? sounds lovely. :)

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Aleta - Pineapple GCC (Hatch date July 2 2013), Fry & Sprite - Budgies
I also want a dog again... Most of my adult life I've been without a dog, so you can say I'm a dog newbie. I'd need to join a dog forum lol. Every breed I can think of that I want is not a beginner's dog breed. :(

I'm sure the dog forums are lovely, but so many of us have them, I'd try here first. ;) what kind of dog do you want? It seems to fit in with the "I want" thread we've got going on here. :p

I really wanted a big bird but I was afraid of what I was getting into with only budgie experience. So I got the little girl. :)

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
I want everything I see! Especially galahs, hawkheads (all Darwin's fault!) And one of those gorgeous camelot macaws!

But my ultimate (and I'm making plans to liberate him from his mom ;)) is Mr Kiwi! I soooo want another zon and he is just perfect! Sleep with one eye open...:D

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Parrots
But my ultimate (and I'm making plans to liberate him from his mom ;)) is Mr Kiwi! I soooo want another zon and he is just perfect! Sleep with one eye open...:D

Hmm.. I shall keep an eye on when that occurs and theif the pair of them!! Er.. I mean.. birdy-sit. :D

I wanted a Grey until I heard all about Percy and Kiwi. You have converted me completely.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

I'm sure the dog forums are lovely, but so many of us have them, I'd try here first. ;) what kind of dog do you want? It seems to fit in with the "I want" thread we've got going on here. :p

I really wanted a big bird but I was afraid of what I was getting into with only budgie experience. So I got the little girl. :)

I'm not getting one just yet :)
I know, I figured I would just be able to ask on the 'Non-Feathered Pets' section since it seems like most people have dogs.
I like the English Bull Terrier, Doberman, Thai Ridgeback (rare breed), Dachshund, Ibizan hound or Pharaoh hound (rare relative of Greyhound)... So, either they're dominant breeds that need firm, consistent training and never being lazy about it, and/or breeds who have strong prey drive and chase and hunt small animals. :( We'll see when the time comes.

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Well, I followed up on my crack a little... found a breeder who had parrotlets, and I was shocked that her prices were even higher then the pet store... okay silly for how much money we've spent on birds, but just seems like so much money for a tiny little bird the size of my budgie. I know they are completely different and a true parrot personality, but.................................

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas

I'm not getting one just yet :)
I know, I figured I would just be able to ask on the 'Non-Feathered Pets' section since it seems like most people have dogs.
I like the English Bull Terrier, Doberman, Thai Ridgeback (rare breed), Dachshund, Ibizan hound or Pharaoh hound (rare relative of Greyhound)... So, either they're dominant breeds that need firm, consistent training and never being lazy about it, and/or breeds who have strong prey drive and chase and hunt small animals. :( We'll see when the time comes.

I grew up with dobermans(One was my parents', one was my grandparents'). Such great dogs, so smart and loyal. My parents had her(Angel :) ) in an apartment(They told the landlord that she was a min-pin when she was a puppy.) and they never had ANY issues with keeping her trained and loving. Of course they're large, and not apartment dogs, but they moved into a house not long after that.
She would lick my gerbils I had when I was very young and nudge them with her nose to help them climb things! Hehe. (with dobies licking people/animals affectionately means they've accepted them as a pack animal and would protect them if needed.)
The thing I'd point out though is the vet bills. Allot of the strong breeds like you mentioned also have specific health risks. (Daschounds are prone to arthritis and back problems, etc.) Dobies are prone to certain diseases, and fatty tumors. Mine(Angel) got Parvo as a puppy and wasn't expected to live past 6, but lived to be a whopping 13! The vet said she was the only one he'd seen live long enough to turn gray in the face.

So I'm sort of biased toward dobermans.. but they're fantastic if they're brought up right. :)

Starlit_Night

Sep 9, 2013
Parrots

Those are definately some big dogs - either personality or size! One of my dogs is a doxie poo which is a dachshund poodle cross. She is the sweetest, gentelist dog I've ever met, but I have seen her snatch a wild bird right out of the air. (She thinks she is a cat - does that make it easier or harder to train?! :rolleyes:) That said, although Doodle doesn't really appreciate the attention, Aleta will happily sit on her and preen her ears. Doodle wouldn't dare touch the bird, and quite frankly I think she is a bit afraid of her. Maintaining the hierarchy is the biggest part. All my dogs would drop what they were doing, if I told them to. Becasue of it, I don't worry about the bird with the dogs at all. They know she is off limits for chomping on. :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thank you Christine! :) looks like I mentioned Dobermans to the right person! It would really take some arm twisting for husband. He was bitten by one as a kid, and has a bad taste for Dobies because of it. I could understand that. I know they are prone to specific diseases and ailments too. I used to work as a laboratory technician for a large emergency veterinary hospital.

It's refreshing to see someone who is knowledgable about firm training for the stronger or guard breeds. SO MANY people have those breed types and have unruly and potentially dangerous dogs because they don't bother training or keeping up on it. Actually many people's dogs I've met are untrained and unruly no matter what breed :(

I realize that if I got a Dobie, an analogy would be like a Budgie only person getting a Scarlet Macaw. I would not get my dream dog (Doberman or Thai Ridgeback) unless I took much time to research even deeper on every aspect of temperament and behavior, training and handling, meeting dogs, and talking to handlers, and making sure I'm up for the challenge FIRST. :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Jen, c'mon.... Just one little Parrotlet... It'll be worth it...The blue or lutino ones are SO adorable!! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts