Why is my bird affectionate and cuddly all of a sudden?

Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Two budgies- Edith & Azalea
in the past few days tiago has become a TON more cuddly and affectionate with me! he’s been very interested with nibbling my face and seems to do it to get my attention :,) Its super cute and i love it so much but it came out of nowhere so im wondering if this is normal parrot behavior. Im pretty sure this is correct, but parrots softly nibble for exploring and showing affection right? I attached some links to videos of him actively doing it :)

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Do you know the age of the bird? If around the two year mark it could be reaching sexual maturity. The first year of sexual maturity can be rough on them and us.
No dark places in the cage
No touching below the neck
Phoenix wasn't so bad, more flock calling than normal and he thought my shoulder was his new cage... but we got thru it.
20201122_103441.jpg

OP
Fauna

Fauna

Dec 12, 2023
Parrots
Pineapple conure- Tiago
Two budgies- Edith & Azalea
Do you know the age of the bird? If around the two year mark it could be reaching sexual maturity. The first year of sexual maturity can be rough on them and us.
No dark places in the cage
No touching below the neck
Phoenix wasn't so bad, more flock calling than normal and he thought my shoulder was his new cage... but we got thru it.
View attachment 57103
Good to know! Hes 6 months and will turn 7 months on the 20th :)

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Good to know! Hes 6 months and will turn 7 months on the 20th :)
Ok so it's a bit till then. As I mentioned Conures reach sexual maturity around 2 years. And the bird mating season, late winter early spring is when it's the worst, the first year.
It's so young still, it's probably just accepting you more and showing it.

I had an advantage of sorts with Phoenix. For six weeks I went and saw him daily. So we had a very strong bond already. When I took him home finally, and opened his door he came right out and up to the shoulder he went,like he's been living here all along.

20190907_135425.jpg
20190907_135443.jpg
20190816_122730.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts