Ok.

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I have desided I need to invest in a video camra or something. My camra takes short film, but no sound, and Cricket is learning new words all most every day. So far in the past couple days I think I heard an "I love you" I know I heard a "Ma'ma" and the funniest one, which she started doing yesterday, is "Bubba" (thats our dogs name) and typing cant do any of this justice because it comes out in a voice words cant discribe :p

Ok, in other news, we almost had a dog on bird tragity :eek:
First off let me explain that if you were a intruder and attacked a family member in our house with our german shepard around, there is a good chance you wouldnt get bit (although, you might thing you were)
When you "play around" the dog doesnt like at and barks like crazy and tries to get between the two people all while squeezing his squeeky toy.
Well yesterday my brother (little brother) was tossing me around and the dog starts his usual and dive bombs the squeekie toys and trys to get between us, almost as if to say "Hey dont do that, play with me instead" Well the bird gets jelouse when we play with the dog, more so when the squeeky toy is involved. So she took it apone her self to come and join the fun. So off she "flys" and crash lands right next to us and that cought the dogs attention. My brother dive bombs the dog, and sence me and my brother were wrestling around the dog's butt lands right on my face :eek:... i some how manager to roll out from under both of them and grab, poor shocked little Cricket lol who didnt even bit me when I picked her up in the non conventional way.
I dont think the dog was going to do anything, but our quick reactions ment we didnt have to find that out. *phew* what a day that was

Last edited:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:eek: :eek: Oh my, thank goodness for that. I don't think its ever wise trust them together, even if the dog just wanted to play with her, it could have been a lot worse.

Thanks goodness that even though your brother was beating your A** :D he was quick enough to grab the dog, and you grab Cricket. Just goes to show how quick it could have been.

I trust Jess, (our very old gal) 100% with Bucc, but I wouldn't leave them alone together for a minute. I don't her at all with Kito, well I should have said Kito with her, as he gets on the floor and RUNS up to her and bites her legs :eek:

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I wouldnt trust my dog for a second... they seem to be fine when everyone is just relaxing.... but there will be no more rough housing around the two of them :58:

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
Thank goodness for quick moving on you and your brother's parts!! Sounds like everyone wants to have fun....but might not understand the limits. I have a siberian husky at my parents house and I wouldn't trust the birds around him no matter what. He is a loveable guy, but not so nice to other animals. I'm glad your dogs are so gentle.

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I have a siberian husky

yeah mine is a German Sheppard Husky mix... you cant really see any husky in him, just his eyes are a little bright, longer fur, and HUGE paws... he has there temperament though. But mostly he is a big baby. lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts