Old Quaker neck tremor

Quakeryosh

May 6, 2023
Parrots
Quaker parrot
Reaching out here to see if there’s anything I can do over the weekend. My 25 year old Quaker suddenly is holding her head to the side looking up and seems to have a tremor in her neck. She eats fine when I give her something but she’s staying in the same spot on her perch.
Avian vet is closed until Monday. Is there anything I can try until then? She doesn’t seem to be in any discomfort.
I realize at her age this could very well be the end of the road.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Reaching out here to see if there’s anything I can do over the weekend. My 25 year old Quaker suddenly is holding her head to the side looking up and seems to have a tremor in her neck. She eats fine when I give her something but she’s staying in the same spot on her perch.
Avian vet is closed until Monday. Is there anything I can try until then? She doesn’t seem to be in any discomfort.
I realize at her age this could very well be the end of the road.
@Quakeryosh, I'm so sorry this has happened to your baby. I've not come across anything like this myself but it would give the appearance of perhaps being something neurological. Other than keeping her warm and hydrated, if she's still eating it sounds like she's doing ok so far, given her circumstances and age. I hope you're able to get her in to the vet first thing on Monday - these things ALWAYS seem to happen on weekends, they certainly happen this way to me! I hope someone else here can be of more practical help for you. Prayers for your girl, it's so very worrying and I'm so sorry you're going through this! 🙏 🙏 🙏

Most Reactions

Latest posts