IMG_0764.jpg

Getting big and handsome :)

IMG_0776.jpg

Yummy UnPellet Canopy Roll

IMG_0754.jpg

He LOVES this stuff

IMG_0790.jpg

So Handsome if I say so myself lol

Well Oliver is doing much much better than he was a month ago. He most recent asper test was on 7/25 and he goes back in a few weeks for another one. His levels were way down and they are hoping that this test will come back negative for asper!!!!! He is acting like a normal happy healthy bird. He flaps for several minutes with only heavy breathing afterward no wheezing! And he is even getting brave enough to fly a few feet at a time either to come to me or get to his cage. He is also almost completely potty trained now as well. The only times he goes on us now I attribute to us not reading his warning signs.

He can say apple, corn, hello, What?, and pretty boy. He also interacts with the dogs throwing pieces of food he doesn't like to them. Silly little devil, while cute its not great for the dogs tummies. His harness training is coming along very slowly. I watched the DVD that came with it before trying anything. I can hold his wings up for a five count, and push him off balance to one side or the other for a five count as well, but he refuses to allow me to slide my hand or anything else over his head. Any tips on that would be appreciated.

Heather

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Yes, I have wondered about Oliver. I'm glad he's doing well. His feathers are really beautiful.

I don't know about the harness, I'm too chicken to try it. lol It is on my wish list for Merlin to learn. Keep us posted on an adult bird learning to accept the harness. I need a success story.

JensFlock

Jul 31, 2011
South Carolina
Parrots
Eclectus,
Blue Crowned Conure,
Quaker,
Lineolated Parakeet,
Diamond Dove,
Star Finch,
Spice Finch
He's gorgeous. I just love eclectus.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I'm glad to hear Oliver is doing much better for you! He's a handsome boy!!!!! :)

LoveMauiGus

Jun 14, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Maui - Sun Conure,
Gus - Yellow Collared Macaw
Very beautiful! I have to say God's handiwork is especially magnificent when it comes to exotic birds. :)

Glad to hear he's doing well! hes very cute

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
awww beautiful boy!!! as for harness training good luck, i value my finger too much to even consider a harness for nut, even though i'd love her in one, so i can take her outside

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
he is a handsome boy... I am so glad he is doing better.... he is so lucky to have you as a guardian.

OP
charliebrown

charliebrown

Jan 7, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Parrots
Charlie Brown- SI Eclectus, RIP. Oliver aka Ollie - Vosmaeri Eclectus
I think with some more time and patience I'll get him in the harness. He just doesn't like me messing with his head. Probably from having blood drawn at the vet and the twice daily rounds of medicine.

It really is amazing the difference in him from when we first brought him home to now. He has loads more energy and attitude. We have actually given him the nickname colonel because of how bossy he is and for when he's being stubborn and growling at us. He is so sassy lol I feel funny calling a boy anything sassy but its the only word that really fits.

Hochimama

May 5, 2011
Malaysia
Parrots
{used to have} Fisher LoveBird, PeachFace Lovebird, Albino Indian RingNeck {used to have}
He is very very handsome ~~ Nice birdie ~~ thanks for sharing ^^

Most Reactions

Latest posts