On a scale from 0-cockatoo... IRN?

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
On. Full blast the pionus win, but they only scream thier loudest on rare occasions . The "general scream" is about equal but happens much more often with the IRNs. I don't notice a difference in volume between the pionus types, but I only have one BHP and two maxis, and the maxis live outside, so it is hard to tell.

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
To jump in again, I've also never heard a full blast pi scream, but Shiko is sooooooo noisy opposed to loud, if that makes any sense. I think his favourite activity is to talk to himself. Now that we have Shiko, and now that he's about 8 months old now, Avery hardly talks because he does ALL the talking. My boyfriend and I are naturally quiet people, so I think Shiko is an exception to the "if you have a quiet household, you'll have quiet birds" generality.

But his chatter isn't annoying... if anything it's endearing. I love hearing him say the words and sounds I've taught him, especially since he uses everything with my inflections. He has helped Avery come out of her shell so much, and he's such a joy to come home to :)

And I guess the only reason I don't consider him loud is because a now closed local pet store and a house near us both own blue and gold macaws... I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard the blue and gold vocalize. And when we drive by the house to see if the macaw is on its stand near the window (we feel like such creepers when we do this, but it's our dream bird... eep. :eek:), its happy screeches can be heard by us as we drive by in a car that's a good distance away... now THAT'S loud! :eek:

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
My IRNs dont tend to chatter, they call several times in the morning and call out if strangers approach them or sirens go off or something.

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
Pippin and Tiki have been quiet all day, so far. When they DO get chatty, it's loud but I would honestly way rather listen to them than to a budgie... budgie noises make me crazy!!!! LOL

Most Reactions

Latest posts