One day old baby lovebird with pic

lisascannell

Sep 1, 2013
South Australia
Parrots
2 Lovebirds, 5 cockatiels, finch, budgie, Indian Ringneck
Hi everyone...so a day ago one of my lovebird eggs hatched!
This is my FIRST TIME with breeding birds, and it wasn't completely intentional. I didn't know if my lovebirds were even a male and female. I put the nesting box in there because I know in the past they love sleeping in it. I'm happy about this pleasant surprise!
Here is a pic...there is only one baby which hatched a bit of 24 hours ago and 3 more eggs which haven't hatched. Not sure if they will even hatch. Anyone had any experience with this?
Mum and Dad seem to be good parents and Mum has not left the nest and dad is in there the majority of the time too :)
IMG_0192_zps913cb534.jpg

OP
L

lisascannell

Sep 1, 2013
South Australia
Parrots
2 Lovebirds, 5 cockatiels, finch, budgie, Indian Ringneck
Just for ease of mind I have hand fed before and prepared to do that in an emergency, but everything seems to be going just fine.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
let me just say one thing...AWWWWWWW!

after 24 hours, mom is suppose to start feeding the chick, you'll either hear her feeding it.

the other eggs will hatch every other day.

this is THE best exciting time, there is NOTHING like a little chick being born!!

Most Reactions