Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
I had one of those days, you know the kind where the thought occurs to you more than once that you should have just stayed in bed? The big thing was my computer crashed, meaning all my bird, goat and family pics Are gone. I' using my tablet that someone had the foresight to give me for Christmas, stupid touchscreen keyboard! I suppose I' all get better at it with practice. Have the house all pulled apart after taking Christmas decorations down and we get unexpected company:11: c'mon in, want some coffee? You'll stay for supper won't you?:30: on top of all this the temperature was -35 with the windchill:D. Ach du mein en zeit!

Mango121913

Aug 9, 2014
Ripley WV
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus
That sux. But, look on the bright side! Could have been colder!:p

Seriously, tomorrow is a new day. Maybe have a computer tech check out your hard drive, sometimes they can retrieve some stuff from it.

Good luck:)!

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
SC, there's a very good chance that all is not lost...there are a lot of reasons why a computer crashes and while hard drive failuer is one of them, the hard drive can usually be removed and hooked up to a different computer and all of the files be removed safely or if the problem was with the drive, a good portion of, if not the majority of the files can be recovered.....

If you don't have a friend or relative who might be able to do that for you, if you want to PM me your E-mail address, I'll offer to see if your files can be removed or recovered...I have the equipment & recovery software to give it a try.....

OP
Sunset_Chaser

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
awesome news! My mom has all the family pictures on a disk, those were the ones I was really disappointed about losing. all of my animal pictures, goats,birds rabbits, chinchillas etc can be taken again. ALL is NOT lost! I was so thrilled when my mom told me she had the family pics! I DO appreciate your help Walt, that was super sweet of you!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Sadly, I think most of us can say we've had days we wished we had stayed in bed. Sorry you had a bad day. I admit I had to laugh a little at your comments about offering your unexpected guests coffee and dinner.

I hope you can recover all or most of your photos.

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Sorry you are having such a rough day! At least you have the tablet. My computer crashed a few years ago and I took it to a computer tech. They were able to save my pics. Also, later I realized when I put them all on the computer I never deleted them off my camera so I still had alot of them. Hope your day gets better!

OP
Sunset_Chaser

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Thanks guys! Everything's going great now, figured my tablet out some more. Anyone know how to transfer pictures from a digital camera to my tablet using a cord? I have the cords, right now I have to hook the camera up to a a family members computer, then put them on a USB and THEN put them on my tablet. Do-able but kind of a hassle! Any way to transfer them directly from the camera?

Most Reactions

Latest posts