Organic baby food good for my Lovebird?

mitsouko

Jul 8, 2013

Hello everyone, recently my lovebird was very ill and made it out ok, thank God. The vet told me that it was ok to give my lovebird baby food if I wanted to. He loved having the baby formula while he was ill in the syringe, she told me i could continue as a snack like once a week with the syringe ( he's spoiled as you can tell).
Is this a good idea? I bought organic baby apple and banana food. he loves it! I've given it twice already, his poop is a strange color, the same as the food.

thanks! :orange:

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Yup it's good for them, and you can jazz it up by adding chopped ingredients in the baby food as well. Carrots are especially nutritious. :)

OP
M

mitsouko

Jul 8, 2013
when I say baby food I mean, human baby food... is it still ok?

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
Awww sry to hear about your ill baby. You can save some money by making your own. Purée you organic banana. Really you don't even need to use organic bananas because you don't eat the skin. I would however use organic apples. Peep core, cut up and heat. They will break down in the pan.

OP
M

mitsouko

Jul 8, 2013
Awww sry to hear about your ill baby. You can save some money by making your own. Purée you organic banana. Really you don't even need to use organic bananas because you don't eat the skin. I would however use organic apples. Peep core, cut up and heat. They will break down in the pan.

I'm totally lazy lol
I prefer just buying the organic baby food lol. hehehe
he's having Earths best :) God he is spoiled! he's the most spoiled little thing, which isn't always good. heheh
He was attacked by my dog three weeks ago, he made it, it's a miracle :) he's 100% better thank God. so now he's spoiled even more and he knows it lol
thank you

MagegrayWolf

May 3, 2013
Parrots
Sun Conure (Dunkin)
grey cockatiel (Nalo)
I used a couple types of Earth's Best organic baby food in my last parrot recipe, which I have posted on here if you would like to try it with your birds.

Two_Peas

Jul 21, 2013
Parrots
Nico & Arya (Quakers)
My babies are 99% weaned, but I still give them organic baby food every once in a while. Just in case they get sick and they need to go back to the syringe, but also because they love it when I hand feed them.

I swear, even their favorite foods are more delicious when mommy stands there holding it while they eat lol.

Most Reactions