Orgreenic Pans

Kern2012

Jun 9, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Parrots
Cinnamon GCC and GCC
Ok so I have been using my cast iron skillets and they are a pain to use to just make a egg. So Im wanting to know if anyone has or definitely knows if the Orgreenic Pan is safe for birds....:rainbow1:

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
I don't know that specific brand, but the PTFE, PFOA-free ceramic based nonstick pans don't outgas the way traditional nonstick does when overheated. For eggs, you should be using low heat anyway, and be in constant attendance, so the risk would be minimized anyway. I have both Cuisinart Green Gourmet and the Bialitti green nonstick skillets for low heat usage. Cast iron performs much better for searing and browning anyway.

OP
Kern2012

Kern2012

Jun 9, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Parrots
Cinnamon GCC and GCC
Well right now the cast iron is all I have cause I had to get rid of rest cause of the Telfac or whatever it is

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
Did some research this is what I found. I don't have them so I'm not sure exactly.

This is from their website.

"Every piece has the same natural ceramic cooking surface so it's SUPER easy to clean. But, perhaps best of all, they will never flake or release toxic gases."

And this from another site where someone asked about them as well.

"OrGreenic cookware has a ceramic surface over an aluminum body. This means that it presumably won’t flake, scratch or wear-off into your food.

A scientist friend of mine says the aluminum molecules are small enough to seep through anything when heated.

If I were going to use something besides my cast iron pans, I would use the PerfectGreen pans.

The PerfectGreen™ Fry Pan features a Duralon coating that is 100% free of PTFE, PFOA, Cadmium and BPA. The Nuwave Perfect Green pan is made out of a high quality 18/10 stainless steel all natural coating and double layer of diamond infused nano-ceramic duralon coating."

Hope this helps!

Most Reactions

Latest posts