OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh Inger I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis! Although as you say, thyroid cancer is one of the "easier" ones, if there is such a thing. And thank goodness your boss has been so compassionate! I know someone who went through it and all she has to show for it now is a little scar on her throat, other than that she has made a stunning recovery. I wish the same for you!

Thank you! That is exactly my plan. Well, I’ll also have a new tattoo to show for it, once I decide exactly what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
I’m so sorry that this is the reason that we west coast peeps get to keep you for another year! Cancer sucks big time, but I’m glad to hear that the prognosis is favorable.

If there’s anything that we can help with - please don’t hesitate to ask. Sending positive vibes for a swift recovery.....

Thank you! The good vibes are exactly what I need.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Dearest Inger, sorry to hear of thyroid cancer diagnosis and postponement of retirement. What a wonderful boss, now you need a surgeon and medical team of equal stature! I have an aunt with similar decades ago; her treatment and recovery was flawless, hoping the same for you!

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Dearest Inger, sorry to hear of thyroid cancer diagnosis and postponement of retirement. What a wonderful boss, now you need a surgeon and medical team of equal stature! I have an aunt with similar decades ago; her treatment and recovery was flawless, hoping the same for you!

Thank you! Yes, my boss is truly a gift. And thanks for telling me about your Aunt. I plan to be another success story!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Thank you! Yes, my boss is truly a gift. And thanks for telling me about your Aunt. I plan to be another success story!

We're counting on success! :smile015:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
My dear mother had thyroid cancer decades ago, surgically removed and used thyroid medication until she past of advanced age.

As stated above, great boss and organization! But, it clearly shows that you have been a great employee as well!

This may also be a blessing, as this Summer does not appear to be the best for moving across country.

Huge, Warm Amazon Feather Hugs and Prayers Good Friend.

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
My dear mother had thyroid cancer decades ago, surgically removed and used thyroid medication until she past of advanced age.

As stated above, great boss and organization! But, it clearly shows that you have been a great employee as well!

This may also be a blessing, as this Summer does not appear to be the best for moving across country.

Ahhh thank you for sharing your personal experience. I’ve found myself telling people about it sort of backwards: “Did you know hardly anybody dies from thyroid cancer? It’s true! Now when I tell you I have it, you don’t have to freak out”

And you may be right that the original timing on my move was not the best. What will be will be.

Giant Parrotlet hugs right back at you, dear friend! What? You didn’t know parrotlets gave giant hugs? Well they *are* often compared to Amazons in the size of their attitude!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Ahhh thank you for sharing your personal experience. I’ve found myself telling people about it sort of backwards: “Did you know hardly anybody dies from thyroid cancer? It’s true! Now when I tell you I have it, you don’t have to freak out”

And you may be right that the original timing on my move was not the best. What will be will be.

Giant Parrotlet hugs right back at you, dear friend! What? You didn’t know parrotlets gave giant hugs? Well they *are* often compared to Amazons in the size of their attitude!

I would be shocked and surprised for parrotlet's to be any less! :D:D

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Had surgery on Monday. The thyroid and its attendant cancer are out of my neck. Had a minor complication resulting in a second surgery but all is well and I’m home now.

I’m wearing jammies and a lovely scarf to keep Bumble away from the incision and drain. I feel very fancy!

She was glad to have me home and doesn’t seem disturbed about the fact that I’m a little hoarse and can’t use my normal high pitched tone of voice with her, and she’s being very understanding about staying in her cage a little more. I am still sleepy and I tend to drift off quickly-don’t want her out and about when I’m napping!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Good to hear that you are home and mending!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
So glad to hear that's done and over with! I'm sure little Bumble is talking good care of you with your fancy scarf and all :) Hope the drain does it's thing without issue. Been there, mine was nasty lol!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
So glad to hear that's done and over with! I'm sure little Bumble is talking good care of you with your fancy scarf and all :) Hope the drain does it's thing without issue. Been there, mine was nasty lol!

Yeah I’m not in love with the drain but what can you do? I’m not sure Bumble is being helpful, except for the part where she heals my soul on the regular.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

Yeah I’m not in love with the drain but what can you do? I’m not sure Bumble is being helpful, except for the part where she heals my soul on the regular.

They're the best for healing the soul. I don't know what I'd do without my green chickens. They keep me sane (as much as that's possible) :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Inger, we are very happy the surgury turned out successfull, and wish you a speedy recovery. Im sure Bumble will help!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Welcome home Inger! Glad the surgeries went well, hope you heal well and comfortably. Nurse Bumble at your service! :smile015:

Most Reactions