Our Big Ol' Baby

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
6 yr old Sun Conure (Ducati)
Out of our two dogs one a Pugamo (more like a Puglamo) and a Rottweiler can you guess which one is scared of the fireworks right now?

My poor baby
10464153_1019326001427909_5715384817604535137_n.jpg

TessieB

Nov 3, 2013
Media
Upstate, South Carolina
Parrots
1 Blue Front Amazon, 1 Yellow Head Amazon, 4 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets
I always feel sorry for pets during the July 4th. All those fireworks going off must seem like a world war to them.

OP
Ducatimom

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
A Pugamo is a Pug/American Eskimo mix. Tuzzi is a Puggle (Pug/Beagle) and American Eskimo mix.

Here's a picture of her
10383518_985833811443795_4783403913547336822_n.jpg

Poor Pasha. She was better when we went to bed. They had died down a little bit. Tried to give her some Walmart brand dog anti-anxiety pills but they didn't seem to do anything. She had to be snuggled up with either me or Will the whole time.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
BEAUTIFUL fur babies you have!!! :D

My big, tough Oscar (AmBull) was HORRIFIED yesterday, too. He absolutely HATES firecrackers and fireworks, and our block was having a party, and it seemed like EVERYONE had something to blow off. :52:

As much as I tried to have some fun with everyone, I ended up spending countless hours on the floor with Oscar, who was literally shaking like a leaf. I ended up turning the TV volume up quite a bit, muffling out the sounds from the outside. I was "wearing" half a dog when I got up from the floor, as he is really shedding his coat right now. :32:

OP
Ducatimom

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
Thank you!

The little one knows how adorable she is and never wastes a moment to use it against you lol. Pasha is just a big dumb dog. I read up on Rottie traits and found out they're considered calm and intelligent along with the vicious stereotype they get. I had to laugh at that because she is neither of those things.

Your poor baby. I never had a problem with fireworks before. Got a little tired of them after living next to a baseball field that popped them every Friday night game. But now having a dog that's terrified of them I can't wait until they are over.

My husband was wearing half a dog as well lol. Hate shedding season :rolleyes:. Even bathed both dogs then brushed them and the cat twice and they could still use another brushing lol.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I think Ducati needs one of these :)

I found it at a bird store, and it was the only one like it. I see all types of duck toys, but never dog breed ones. Thought it was hilarious and had to have it.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awww! You have such pretty furry kids!! My Golden Retriever spent a lot of the evening in my lap while our neighbors celebrated! Lol! I was wearing half a dog at the end of the evening too. My Yorkie slept through the fireworks. The birds had some things to say about the noise though! :)

OP
Ducatimom

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
Thanks Allee! The rest of the fur/feather/scaley kids slept through it all no problem. Kinda funny that our big "scary" Rottweiler was the only one that was scared of them lol.

OP
Ducatimom

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
Thank you! She knows she's pretty adorable too lol. She's not a registered breed because of the Beagle. I think a Pugamo (pug/american eskimo) is. She gets that little hound dog bark and starts rooing at people. Makes me think of Copper on Fox and the Hound, "I'm a hound dog, a roo roo roo rooo."

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Thank you! She knows she's pretty adorable too lol. She's not a registered breed because of the Beagle. I think a Pugamo (pug/american eskimo) is. She gets that little hound dog bark and starts rooing at people. Makes me think of Copper on Fox and the Hound, "I'm a hound dog, a roo roo roo rooo."

That's funny cause the Hounds and Beagle both do a form of "baying"

Does she sound more like a Beagle or a Hound?

Here is a Beagle

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO6TKGIf3qo"]Freckles the Beagle Baying - YouTube[/ame]

OP
Ducatimom

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
She doesn't sound like that. Next time we get her going I'll have to video it. It honestly literally sounds like a roo.

Most Reactions

Latest posts