Our new addition

oregngrl1

Nov 15, 2012
Rescued a male Eclectus yesterday. Hoping my Congo Grey and the new addition become friends but only time will tell

not sure why the pic is upside down, was not on my ipad like this ??????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 302

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
How'd you rescued him? He looks pretty healthy to me....I hope your practicing quarantine....There's a difference in adopting, purchasing, and rescue. I've purchased most of my birds, some were given to me. Quite a few of them is almost like rescue but I did purchase them, a few of them IF I didn't take them, they wouldn't last much longer. Like Jorge and Cameron, skin and bones, they probably would of die within days. I went there on the idea of getting one plus the nice big cage. But I took both after noticing their conditions was poor and there was no meat on their breast bones. All you feel is their bare breast bone. They both gained weight and healthy now.

Now, I rescued two keets from out in the winter conditions outside 4 years ago.

Another one is Scooter, she had a missing toe, was told she was not friendly. She's been attacked in the previous home as I found blood scabs on her. BUT I pay the family money to bring her home safe.

There's many more I can go on and on.....

Try to be careful about mixing Eclectus with a Grey.....

Blue

Aug 16, 2012
portland, or
Parrots
Odin - CAG
Salty- Hahn's Macaw
Greenie - Eclectus
Lexi- Eclectus
My grey ignores my new eclectus but have had him less than a week. Good luck with him

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
not sure why the pic is upside down, was not on my ipad like this ??????

Before I clicked the thumbnail and read that ^... I thought he was just hanging upside down. Jax loves walking upside down on the roof of his cage.

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Very pretty ekkie boy you have there. Congrats. I have a somewhat diverse flock & they all get along as long as none get on each other's cage or play perch. They don't tolerate intruders in their personal space .

As long as you don't try to house the two together and have room for each one to have their own area outside of the cages, they should do fine. Good luck with your new cutie.

OP
oregngrl1

oregngrl1

Nov 15, 2012
I did not get Jack from a rescue group. I purchased him on Craigs List. The reason I say he was rescued is because he was in a filthy stinky too small gross cage. His nails were way way way way way too long and his feathers were all intact but so nasty sticky they stuck together. He had an owner who knew very little about birds and was afraid of being bitten. He was asking a ridiculously low price, obviously needed money badly, that I could see where someone would buy him just because he was so cheap. So I feel like I did rescue him. After 3 days he has a big new cage, a new sleeping cage, been to the vet, had his probably first showers in at least 6 months and is a wonderful bird. He was cage territorial supposedly I was told and cannot touch him in his cage. Not true, I took a few bites yesterday and that issue is done. He steps up very willingly now. He talks, darling little girls voice. I never thought to own an Ekkie but have to say I just love this guy. His beautiful feathers are starting to change to a lighter shade and glow now the grime is coming off. He is banded and 6 yrs old. Prior owner said he was 18 mos, did not know about hatch dates on the band. I am at least the 3rd owner and the last, at least until he outlives me. Soooo happy to have found Jack !!!

Adinafloyd

Jul 8, 2012
Slaughter, La
Parrots
Jax (CAG)
Scarlet (Ekkie)
Toot (TAG)
(YNA-Nappy, Gone but never ever far from my heart)
Congrats on your new addition. Im glad you were able to give this guy a better life. He is a good looking fella,,,:)

OP
oregngrl1

oregngrl1

Nov 15, 2012
Jack wants a bird companion badly. He constantly trespasses on my yellow napes cage and i have to grab him before he climbs up there. thinking another Ekkie may be a choice?

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
Jack is a good lookin' boy! re you thinking a male or female Ekkie?

I'm sure you know not to add a bird unless YOU are the one wanting bird because it means, more food, more poop, more cages and more cleaning. It's no guarentee that Jack and the new bird will get along. Female Ekkies can be very choosy about who they friend or not. ;)

Most Reactions