painted conure or rose crowned conure?!

Rapini

Oct 19, 2015
I'm on a waiting list with 2 breeders right now for one painted conure and one rose crowned conure.

I will go meet 2 rescues conures as well tomorrow: one 3yo black cap female conure and one 1 yo cinammon ggc female conure.

I have never own any conure in the past, but I'm not totally new to birds. I have had lovebird, cockatiel, budgies, bourke parakeet and lineolated parakeet.

I would like to have 2 conures... but I just cant chose!! I really like both painted and rose crowned conures, but I find very few information about them. I cant meet some in real as there is no one in my area. They are very rare.

I would really like to rescue one bird too, so I cant have both from breeders (and of course there is no painted or rose crowned to rescue around here!). I need to make a choice! (or maybe I am wrong in to rescuing as I have no experience with conures.. what do you think? I have rescue many of my birds in the past, so it was kind of normal for me.)

I would like to hear from painted conure and rose crowned owners! how are they??? What should I chose?

by the way, sorry for my English, French is my native langage. I live in Montréal, Québec, Canada.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
If it's an option for you, If I were faced with your choice of these two, I would say go visit the babies and see which can one you develop the best bond with. Short of that their temperaments are going to be incredibly similar, so you can't go wrong eithe way, so pick whichever species is prettiest to you.

Dildar123

Oct 14, 2015
Parrots
1 Green Cheek Conure named Baby.
I forgot who but someone in the forums posted that they once had painted conures. Maybe they can help you.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I've seen people here with Rose Crowned, but no one who's on regularly. I'd imagine they'd be similar in general temperament to the green cheek since they're in the same genus. Individuals will vary of course. Good luck with meeting the Black Cap and GCC. I hope one works out for you.

Most Reactions