Parrot names taken literally

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
Astro - violet yellow face budgie (juvenile male)
Not mine, but I am thinking of drawing something similar ;)
1638159040378.png

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I am LOVING this game!!! So much to do, so little time...!!!! I hope I can jump in soon! SO Happy to see so many amazing ideas pouring in, it made my day!!!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I will be working on monk parakeet, Quaker parakeet, widow conure, or fly parrot: all names for Myiopsitta monachus.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Thx, it was made so askew... I'm terrible at full digital

I'm curious why people created name "double yellow headed amazon"... The IOC name is just "yellow headed amazon" so why people are so used to "double yellow headed"? It is even longer... I'd been thinkin' about it even before this thread - this really sounds like they had two heads :LOL:
Double Yellow-Headed Amazon is based around the linage within the Amazona Family. A progression from Yellow-Nape to Yellow-Head (or Yellow Crown) to Double Yellow-Headed with both a combination of Yellow-Nape plus a full Yellow-Head (Yellow-Crown). The important thing to keep track of is the Translucent to Corn-Yellow Beak.

And, just to add a bit of Nerdism to it all: There is a Double Yellow-Headed Magnum Amazon, which includes Red Streaks on the Nape and a much larger Body, with an overall weight in the 750+ gram range.

Most Reactions

Latest posts