Parrot Owner from Kuwait

marine54

Dec 5, 2014
Hello all ...

May be I am a bit different from other members in the forum. I am a 60 year old retired engineer that had nothing to do with bird all my life but thought of having a hobby to fill my spare time after retirement. I started with canaries and established the first canary club in the arab world, the Kuwait Canary Club with more than 1000 members.
Only 6 months ago I had my first parrot which was a one year old sulphur crested cockatoo, it was so wild that nobody could come near its cage. Now it is my best friend and flies freely in the open at my farm.
My second parrot is a 6 months old Yellow Naped Amazon which I bought a couple of weeks ago. I hope I will be able to train him as good as the cockatoo.
I am sure that I will gain a lot from being among all of you and hope I can make an addition to the group. :white1::green2:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome! I wouldn't agree you're so different, we're an extremely diverse group here :). Interesting start with birds. Sounds like you might have a way with parrots too! Good to have you.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and welcome! Thanks for sharing a little about yourself. Sounds like you waited until the time was right, I can tell you are enjoying the adventure. Enjoy your stay.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Welcome to the forum.

That's pretty amazing you can free fly your cockatoo after only 6 months of owning him! Forgive my ignorance of the geography where you live, but is it pretty flat or are there trees around for him to sit in? Is he recall trained or does he literally just follow you around?

Best of luck with the amazon. They can be more 'stubborn' than cockatoos, and also a bit lazier:p I hope to hear updates in the free flying section!

OP
M

marine54

Dec 5, 2014
Thank you all for the nice words.
Kiwibird ... I will answer your questions in my first post

Most Reactions