Parrot shower

slugas

Aug 26, 2013
My parrot HATED water, and i always wondered why, but then i realized that it wasn't because she didn't like water, it was because she didn't trust it, so i started showering with my bird to show her that it was nothing to be scared of. It worked really well, and she will now run under the water flapping her wings and completely, voluntarily, soaking herself, but recently, while talking to some of my parrot owning friends about this, they all seemed shocked that i would shower with my bird.
so this brings me here, do any of you shower with your birds?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I take my Macaws, Eclectus and Cockatoo with me in the shower! I use water bottle for my smaller birds as that's what they prefer anyways.

OP
S

slugas

Aug 26, 2013
well my little girl is an eccie, its hilarious to watch what she does in the shower

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Yes it's cute watching them shower, stretching their wings out, wagging their tail, it's the cutest thing ever!!! :D

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Mishka loves the shower BUT loves showering alone

Tried it together NO GO !!!!

I have to pamper him continuously

I am happy with that as long as he enjoys showering

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
Everybody but Tink goes in the shower with me.......

The CAG sits on the shower perch and gives me death ray eyes....but he gets steam and some overspray.....the Cockatoos meanwhile are taking turns going from the curtain rod, down my arm and into the spray...they have such a ball showering!!!!! Mickey will run up my arm just to give me "kisses" to let me know how much she loves me for turning on the water!!!

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
yup Gilbert showers with me sometimes. He often bathes in his bowl (you know the typical, clean cage and i'm running the vacuum and he jumps right in his water bowl because it's cleaning time!) But he adores getting in the shower. He has his own perch for there but he actually prefers standing on the shelf in there and then having me hold him near the shower spray.

Most Reactions

Latest posts