Parrot Shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
I think I have worked out the nuts and bolts of my Bird operated Parrot shower.
Follow me on this one, ok?
I get a cheap garden pond pump and put it in a bucket of clean water, near or above the cage. a 25 cent micro switch from tandy's (Americans call it "Radio Shack").
I make a corner of his outdoor cage the "shower area", and hang a small perch.
When Skippah gets onto the the perch, his weight flicks the microswitch, the pump starts pumping and the perch area (ONLY THE PERCH AREA) is sprayed with a mist of water from a piece of hose attached to the pump, squeezed together at the end. When he has enough, The bird steps off the perch and the water stops. Am I genius, or has this been done 5000 time b4 me thinking of it?
I tried to get fancy with a 12 volt battery and the window wiper spray pump for a car, but I have dumbed it down to its basic, cheapest alternative.
Can anyone see any drawbacks I have missed?

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
I would love to see a picture of that contraption ... I think it's a wonderful idea. Your Skippah is a very lucky birdie for owning such a clever human!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
And once Skippah has tried it out we all want one, right guys. :D Now if you can think of a way to make a Grey get back on the perch after the first time that would be great. Bucc hates showers with a vengence, :( Fights everytime its shower time.

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Ok
I assumed they all loved it.
Its the middle of summer here, so on day 2 I sprayed Skippah with a pump spray and he just opened up his arms and lapped it up.
Big assumption on my part i guess.
My target market seems to have suddenly shrunk. I better put that Ferrari order on hold.
Bugga!

arnoldkony

May 6, 2011
Parrots tend to create lots of dust and dander on their feathers, causing the particles being distributed throughout your furniture and carpeting.There are many ways to shower or bathe your parrot.

Parrot Parent

Feb 22, 2011
My house
Parrots
R.I.P. Linius, my Sun conure
Tapa and Tio, Parakeets, Xander 3 month old sun conure
So I agree, work out the kinks..test it out...and then send us all one :D
My sun LOVES showers! Maybe you could get warm water to run through this? I'm affraid he's turn into a duck if he had this amazing contraption lol :)

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
I would also like one. :) It sounds wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions