Parrotlet lost his brother, new friend needed? :(

maryyy361

Aug 31, 2013
New Jersey
Parrots
Meyer Parrot: Charlie
Parrotlets: Major and Tango
Peach-faced Lovebird: Eleanor
I write with a heavy heart as my baby Parrrotlet, Maestro, died last night. It was after a tragic accident; with his kyphosis he had poor balance and he fell into his water dish while my back was turned for just one minute. If he had had wings that worked he probably would have gotten out but after 10 minutes of CPR my little one was gone.
This leaves me with his clutch mate Major. He seems alright today but he has been with his brother ever since he hatched. He was the dominate one in the cage so I'm hesitant on getting another parrotlet but I know that parrotlets do alright in pairs.
If anyone could be of assistance I would appreciate it very much, or let me know if this is in the wrong section.

Mary

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Very sorry to hear you lost Maestro, Mary.

Don't know about parrotlets, but observing Major closely and giving him extra love will help guide you.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about Maestro. :( HUGS to you!!!

Hopefully someone with parrotlet experience will chime in about your worries about Major wanting/needing company.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm so sorry to hear about Maestro :(. I don't have Parrotlet advice, but just wanted to give my condolences.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
I'm sorry. No parrotlet experience here either just warm condolences.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
So sorry about Major's,and your loss. Just loosing my somkey just a few short weeks ago,Amy,my blue front,and I,know exactly how you feel.
I also know nothing about parrolets
"our" deepest condolences to you and Major.

Jim

Most Reactions