parrots r us

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
anyone in the bel air, md area know what happened to the store...i heard that they are closed...as in gone??!!

OP
triordan

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
bump...anyone know what happened??

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
Nope. I went to me vets right across the street and saw it was all papered up and signs were off windows. No loss in my opinion.

OP
triordan

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
Nope. I went to me vets right across the street and saw it was all papered up and signs were off windows. No loss in my opinion.

i had only been there once, but i thought they ahd a nice selection of toys~

Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
They said at the PL meeting that the store closed due to lack of business.

Oh so sad I hate when a business goes belly up!
4.gif

I know what it feels like! My husband and I used to own a hobbyshop and the economy and the internet killed us. You wouldn't believe the # of people that would walk in the door and ask for a better price on stuff. I always felt like saying sure I don't have any bills to pay I will just give you anything you want at a discount.
7.gif

We are still paying the bills too. We wont be free of it for another 4-5 years..
11.gif

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
I will not go into all I know about this store and it's owners. I am sorry that lack of sales drove them to close. I did not agree with their method of madness so to speak. It was a huge mess on CL everyday.

FrdPrefct

Jan 13, 2012
I saw it down too. I was in there several times. Very helpful, good conversation, and good selection of items. Would even special order for me!

Does anyone know of a decent shop in the Bel Air area? Also looking for a decent breeder as well!

Thanks!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Everyone is having trouble weathering this economy, and unfortunately, small business owners are really having a hard time. I'm sorry to hear of the store closing.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
It might be a little hike for you, probably about an hour, hour and a half depending on where you are but there is a place in pa called rentzels bird farm, I haven't made it out there to tell you what it's like but I haven't heard anything bad. I've been meaning to go and check it out but our car hasn't been running as of late so it's still on my to do list.
Rentzels Bird Farm

Here are some reviews and they all look good http://local.yahoo.com/info-12027837-rentzels-bird-farm-windsor

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts