PDD Alert - Western Michigan USA

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I was in California when the Newcastle virus epidemic was at it's worst... and they were confiscating and culling birds.

It was horrible!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
pdd is not required to be reported under current mdard (michigan department of agriculture and rural development) guidelines! Control is left to the individual / breeder/ industry. Halting the sale of pdd or pdd exposed birds by a specific owner / breeder is the responsibility of that owner / breeder. Neither state or county will provide over-sight unless it becomes wide-spread. The issue in dorr michigan usa becomes problematic, since an individual or avian organization would likely face legal ramification if that individual or organization publicly released the name of the specific individual / breeder. I/we can make statements to the occurrence of birds presenting with pdd, which appear to be emanating from the dorr, michigan usa area. Beyond that my/our hands are tied.

The breeder has turned the operations over to her parents. The parents are selling birds. Buyers should be wary of birds sold from the dorr, michigan usa area.

That's just plain DISPICABLE!!!

What is wrong with these people?!

Most Reactions

Latest posts