Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
This was shot during bedtime. He all of a sudden got all sweet, puffed up and slow dances. He even let me scratch his head and he hasn't really allowed me to do that. I've had him like 3 days now. He's apparently 3 years old but I have no real idea.

[ame="https://youtu.be/j2t-Iijy7Zg"]https://youtu.be/j2t-Iijy7Zg[/ame]

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
How sweet :) Hopefully you have taken him to the vet for a full checkup to ensure he doesn't have any health issues! Always a great thing to do when getting a new animal of any kind :)

OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
I haven't yet, I'm not sure of a good avian vet here in Cheyenne. Do you guys think the one Petco uses would be best?

He is quite active and vocal at dawn and dusk. He has come a long way in 3 days, he stopped biting after he realized I won't flinch. My hands have taken a beating though. He seems healthy but what do I know. He could be hiding something I guess.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. At 3 yrs old, he might be starting puberty, so you want to confine scratches to the head and cheeks. Under wings and back is a no no. He looks very cute, with the slow head weaving. And of course the head fluffing up when you got to his cheeks. Sunnies are so cute. Before you do it, find out the credentials of the Petco vet, dont assume they are certified avian vet. You want to get a really full work up, a thorough base line exam when he is well ( hopfully) so if he gets sick, they have something to compare the symptoms to. Good Luck

OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
Interesting. I've heard back scratches can bring on sexual behaviors on female cockatiels but I thought that was just a female thing. The previous owner said peanut loves to be scratched under the wing, but that's a no no huh?! Good to know! I called a few vets and it seems only two vets see birds in town so I made an appointment for today. I'll let you know what they say!

Most Reactions

Latest posts