Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
I just got back from over a week in southern cal helping my dad out, health issues. Amigo and fam still lives!! No one got hurt, happy to say. Amigo is up to eleven Zupreem pellets, ground up then cooked into his oatmeal, a day. By the end of the day he has eaten it all...is that good?, or should he be eating more than that a day? He is still not eating any veggies except for sorrano hot chili peppers, he loves those...and fruit, he'll eat that. The vet says he needs more veggies but he tosses them.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Have you tried cooking and little seasoning? Or mixing cut up fruits with veggies? Pour some all natural apple cider vinegar over it? Squeeze some orange juice over it?

OP
Mare Miller

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Good thoughts Mikey, I'll give them a try, thanks! Because he gets a lot of exercise and sunshine most days, she, (the vet), wasn't too concerned with his weight, (485 grams), or the vitamins that come from the sun. Like any mom, I like to see my kid eat! She thought his nails were on the edge of needing trimming but because I free flight him, I think they are necessary.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
You can find the organic Apple Cider Vinegar in a whole food store, make sure it is 100% organic. I bought a bottle at a small natural food store as some of the bigger whole food store's quality wasn't good....And I paid like $25 or so for the jug.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Another thing you could try is mixing baby food into the oatmeal. The carrots and squash have a lot of vitamin A. I would bake it into muffins for my BCC because she would not eat any orange veggies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts