Pellet foods are working!

ConureLady

Oct 15, 2012
I introduced my conures to pellet foods two days ago. I purchased zupreems avian entrees garden goodness for small birds. I almost went with Higgins at the store but chose not to because I thought my conures might pick favorite colors, but garden goodness is all tan with carrots and apples.
I started by offering them as a treat to one conure that eats anything. He enjoyed them for a while then grew bored. I then took all food out of the cage and offered plain pellets. The pickier conures didn't know what to do with them. Then later that day I added chopped fruits and veggies. They picked through it and later I offered nutriberries ontop of the cage. Today I mixed a small bit of pellets, green machine juice which is like ten kinds of green fruits and veggies, and the usual chopped fresh foods. They seem to enjoy it.
I leave the wet mix in for about four hours and then put dry pellets in.
They get pasta, couscous, and steel cut oats for dinner.
And they get a few bites of bread when I spoil my cockatiels.
It seems like not mixing half of their previous food with the new food was a good choice. Otherwise they would picking around the pellets. Now they seem to appreciate nutriberries more and are more social and eager to visit me for treats.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts