Pepper and Slinky

OP
papaya

papaya

Apr 28, 2012
Media
EGG #4

POOR, Pepper! I hope she is done with laying more eggs. That has to be hard on her.
I just checked the nestbox while both were outside to get something to eat. To my surprise I find a fourth egg. However after last nights incident with staying off of the 3 eggs for one hour, I am not sure if those will hatch. I still don't know if any of them are fertile or not. I tried candling again, but I cannot see anything just the clear and the egg yolk.
I wish the incubation period of parrots was only 5 days or so. This waiting is driving me CRAZZZZY!

Attachments

• 4thegg5 7.jpg
    4thegg5 7.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 142
OP
papaya

papaya

Apr 28, 2012
Media
Hi,

I just wanted to everyone an update. I have tried candling the eggs but all I can see is clear and the egg yolk. I figure all eggs are infertile and I will not have babies.
I am hoping that Pepper will lose interest in the eggs soon so they can enjoy the summer in their outdoor aviary.

terry52449

Feb 11, 2012
Media
The Villages, Fl
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo: Cameo
Congrats on her new motherhood. I am curious though. Having your parrots as pets and now they are breeding does this change your relationship with your pets. Are they still going to be a pet for you, petting cuddling etc?

OP
papaya

papaya

Apr 28, 2012
Media
Yes, they are still my pets. Pepper (female) is still sitting on the eggs and she is doing a fabulous job. Unfortunately she is hardly spending any time (maybe one minute or two) outside the breeding box, so I rarely interact with her at the moment. But whenever I do, she is just as sweet as she has always been. Slinky (male) is still very protective but is the same as far as taking treats from me or stepping up. I don't think once they abandon the eggs I will have a different relationship with my birds.

OP
papaya

papaya

Apr 28, 2012
Media
Sulphiria,
how messy is Cricket your Green Naped Lorikeet? Aren't their droppings pretty liquid?

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Sulphiria,
how messy is Cricket your Green Naped Lorikeet? Aren't their droppings pretty liquid?

Well yes and no. They are pretty much water but I dont find her anymore messy than any of the other birds. If you have them on the right nectar (I'm using Roudybush) then its colorless and odorless. Shes actually one of the two who is potty trained and will jump down or nip at you if you're out somewhere so you can put her on your finger to go. She is a lot easier to clean up after too and definitely the most playful.

OP
papaya

papaya

Apr 28, 2012
Media
How neat, potty trained. I tried that with Pepper and Slinky and it works initially when I take them out of the cage but then they will "go on me" without warning. ;(
Great feathered family you have there!

Most Reactions