Percy is happy to see me! :D

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
I was out of town for business for two days and I just returned now, 7.30pm. The family didn't put Percy to bed before they came to the airport to fetch me so he was still awake when I came home. The second he saw me, he went crazy! Calling "Baba! Baba! Babaaaaa!!!!" All that for *me*! Knowing our history, I bet you guys can guess how thrilled I am at this!

I spent some time giving him "tickles" (gently blowing up his neck feathers, which has turned into our 'special thing') and chatting to him. Because it is late now, I darkened the room but haven't closed him yet. He's still yapping away, chatting to "Baba".

So happy! :D :D

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
=) that's so cool! Very happy for you. It makes my day how happy my dogs are to see me every day.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so happy for you! Sounds like another break through to me:) I can't even imagine how thrilled you were!
Baba...I so love that.

OP
MomtoPercy

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
=) that's so cool! Very happy for you. It makes my day how happy my dogs are to see me every day.

Yeah, Gizzy is hillariously happy every time I come home. He is so cute! He pulls his ears back and opens that little mouth so wide to pant at me, you could park a truck in there! LOL!

LoryLover

Jan 1, 2013
Southern California
Parrots
Chattering Lory, 18yrs old (Sweet Pea)
That is pure joy and so heartwarming!! :D

Every day I think of how blessed I am to be loved by my birdie! Parrots are so expressive, and I love how they get across their feelings with the tone of their voice. :p Every day I come home from work, I'm greeted by the happiest sounding HI!! you ever heard. So sweet. And if I don't reply right away, her tone sounds sad and forlorn as she calls out Hi? again. I call back HI you Sweet Sweet Pea!! And she gets all happy again and asks for food. heehee

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh how sweet & special!!! Percy DOES love you, there is NO doubt in my mind. :D

That was another milestone, too!!! And I KNOW he put a HUGE smile on your face when he greeted you like that. :)

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Way to go Percy.

You definitely love your mumma and she loves you. You must have been so happy and proud - what an exciting moment:D

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Baby steps in the right direction! Woo hoo! Patience is everything with these highly sensitive guys!

Most Reactions