Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
on a windows machine, I right click the photo I have posted somewhere, click "properties", and then copy the "address/URL" (control C) then click the "add link/photo" when posting a new thread, paste (control V) and it appears in my thread. Not an apple, I know, but maybe the same technique could be applied?

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Julie, I think I cracked the code for iPad. Mine is a 2 year old mini without most recent IOS updates. The trick is how you share:

When pic to upload is selected, the key is how you share. My screen has a horizontal grey bar at bottom of selected image. Most rightward icon is an arrow with "share." If you press it, a box appears with "copy link" at lower left side. When pasted, the code ends with /vmSPB and doesn't produce an image after posting.

Try pressing the image out of the grey bar, ie in the middle. Same square box appears, but when pressing the "copy link" a different code is copied for pasting. This one ends with .jpg. Paste that link in the tiny square photo tab in the grey area above the white content box - below the smiley drop-down, and third icon to right. This is how I was able to post the image previous page: http://www.parrotforums.com/testing-testing/74172-pic-test-2.html#post713988

Last edited:
OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Ughhh well now at least when you click on the link the pic shows! That’s just my test pic. Thanks Scott :), now I’m halfway there!

Don’t you just hate when someone posts a link to click on, instead of just giving you the pic right there!? Me too. So I won’t do that to you lol. I’ll be nice and paste pics directly on a thread when I figure out how!

I don’t have a ton of time tonight again to play with this. :(

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
zB1qZmH.jpg

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I did what you said Scott, and still didn’t work. I might just have to use the desktop when I get time. I don’t use it much because I can’t socialize with the birds where it’s located. I’ve been told it can’t be moved because that’s where the cable is?

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Okay, here’s another question... how about posting a photo from Facebook on the forum? Breeder of my puppy sent photos through messenger (also on her public page) that I want to post.

I can download a photo and get it to come out directly onto an email (not a link), but I’m afraid it wouldn’t work on the forum. So what do I need to do?!

This is so ridiculous! Aren’t computers supposed to make life easier? Computers make my life more difficult. :49:

adz1984

Dec 4, 2016
Australia
Parrots
Alexandrine (Bella) RB2 (Unammed)
Another way is if you have a link that leads to a picture you just need to add
at the end
For example
pic1
will show picture on forum instead of just the link

Last edited:
OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
YAY!!! Thank you SO much adz1984 :D That’s so easy! I really appreciate you sharing that trick! :)

10497225_1444753589118030_6077476233773043734_o.jpg

oNAmy4H.jpg

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
on a windows machine, I right click the photo I have posted somewhere, click "properties", and then copy the "address/URL" (control C) then click the "add link/photo" when posting a new thread, paste (control V) and it appears in my thread. Not an apple, I know, but maybe the same technique could be applied?

Yep! With an Apple, the equivalent of right click is to press the track pad with 2 fingers to bring up the same drop down menu. Or if you're still using a mouse, to press down and hold for a moment until said drop down menu appears. Easy!

Most Reactions