Pick your issue...

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
:p Took out all the problem rescue children at once! That's always fun....

Jalapeño, Folger, Skylar

Kelly on the other side of the room because he was a problem child today and couldn't be trusted to not bother everyone else.

Then my green cheeks are in the kitchen on the stand and were playing buzz the birds in the living room....poor Folger thought the world was ending the first time they did it now he just looks annoyed:rolleyes:

Always interesting having everyone out! Earlier I told mother I was going upstairs to take a shower and my mother was like noooooooo don't leave me with them all:D hehe I took Kelly with me at least:54:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Victoria, it was sweet of you to show your mom a little mercy. The birds in the photos look like perfectly behaved little angels, where's the chaos? In the kitchen with the green cheeked aviators?

How is sweet Folger doing? And the rest of your sweethearts?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
That looks like a trio of perfectly well behaved parrots:21: I like the pic of Kelly in the "naughty corner" all by himself:09: Was he in a better mood after the shower?

And I just have to say Folger is looking like a cockatoo from the back now! Just look at all those beautiful back feathers he has:D No collar either?! You must be SO proud!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Victoria, it was sweet of you to show your mom a little mercy. The birds in the photos look like perfectly behaved little angels, where's the chaos? In the kitchen with the green cheeked aviators?

How is sweet Folger doing? And the rest of your sweethearts?

Perfectly behaved.....sure.... well Skylar is but he is terrified half the time. So he plays catch the chicken bird after he spooks at something every half an hour. I think his shadow sneaked up on him at one point today and off he went:rolleyes:

Folger is doing really well these days. He is also a chicken bird half the time and I have to fetch him but he can go quite a long time without a collar these days. I don't trust him in the cage without it on but when he is out I take the collar off and let him do whatever without me jumping every time he touches himself to preen. He is also getting stronger in the flying arena!

He is really really into his foot toys right now and I'm having trouble keeping him in stock at the moment! We make pretty much all his toys but he is actually destroying them within a day or so these days. He is still missing that silly personality from when he first came home but these days I'm much more confident it will pop back up in the future.

Loki is going through maturity and being extra annoying not mean just a little more needy then he usually tends to be. He is also getting a few flights in from his horrible clip at the breeders. Monkey and Monster are still my little bullies. They chase Loki around and buzz the other birds. Monster is getting feathers back since I make sure not to feed him pepper these days. I just brought one of the rice pellets that I hope he will convert to... I know that it seems to be only pepper but I'm probably going to be more strict about what he eats from now on since I know he has food allergies.

My cockatiel boys joined my mothers budgie boys in a flight and they seem happy enough. My cockatiel girls are extra happy that the boys are no longer around since the boys are caged upstairs away from everyone else. The boys always did tend to annoy the girls....

Kelly is being well an amazon... he has picked me as the only person he sees a need or desire to be around. He has actively gone after my stepfather. I have finally got it into his head not to back off and Kelly is starting to stop faster. The more attention you give Kelly when you are not me the more disgruntled he gets....so if my parents give him attention when he misbehaves he stops whatever he was doing so they will go away. Reverse with this weird bird...

I love the java stands! Especially the one Folger is on.

That one is brand new from Kingscages:D Folger seemed to like it too!

That looks like a trio of perfectly well behaved parrots:21: I like the pic of Kelly in the "naughty corner" all by himself:09: Was he in a better mood after the shower?

And I just have to say Folger is looking like a cockatoo from the back now! Just look at all those beautiful back feathers he has:D No collar either?! You must be SO proud!

Kelly got put away shortly after the shower so Max could come out to play. They tend to not like each other and will act like they are going to duke it out every once in awhile. It is one vet bill we are trying to avoid so when Kelly is in a mood and Max is out I put Kelly away.

Folger does look like a cockatoo from the back now!!! He has a couple random pins on his chest but we will see if they stay or not. Folger is going through a molt right now and has pins all over his head/neck so hopefully we will see the back being completely normal in a few months. He hasn't mutilated in a long time. I think the worst mutilation and the last was the one where he got around his old collar and went to town on his chest and legs. I don't know if it just hurt more since he hadn't done it in awhile and that was over a month ago now I believe. Plus, he has started to realize toys are much more fun to rip up!

And now some videos of flying birds from today....excuse the mess....we have gotten a bunch of new bird stuff and it is all just sitting around at the moment...the videos aren't the best hard to catch when they were going to start buzzing around.

Folger flying around a little...

Overshoots the landing in this first one by a little bit.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Tz-4EW9Yw&list=UUdh57zBCYqaLzkmef_mEkhQ"]Folger recall(3) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMq3u4HbXD4&index=2&list=UUdh57zBCYqaLzkmef_mEkhQ"]Folger recall(2) - YouTube[/ame]

I tried to get a video of him recalling but I didn't hit the button early enough and only get a blurry white naked leg thing for a second... if I tell him Come Here he runs and now flies to my arm.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_slzIEjxhY&index=5&list=UUdh57zBCYqaLzkmef_mEkhQ"]Folger recall(1) - YouTube[/ame]

And now my buzzing bullies....watch closely when it starts in the beginning of the first video or you will miss the bullet that is Monkey flying past me...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFGbNArtCBg&index=4&list=UUdh57zBCYqaLzkmef_mEkhQ"]Folger recall(5) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_NWb1oru0A&index=5&list=UUdh57zBCYqaLzkmef_mEkhQ"]Folger recall(4) - YouTube[/ame]

What bully...look at our faces we are so very innocent...

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Victoria, I am so happy to hear all your birds are doing so well. Folger is a beautiful sight to see. Your progress with that boy is remarkable. It's so rewarding when they finally discover it's better to chew toys than themselves. I love the photos and videos, thank you so much for the great update.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Thank you for awhile there it felt like I was sliding backwards with Folgers progress but I guess it had to get worse before getting better:)

So this is Folgers toy destruction instead of feather/skin destruction:D He is definitely getting the idea that toys are better to destroy!

RIP Dinosaur...

He still doesn't like hanging toys as much as the basket of foot toys but he is starting to go after those too.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
That's so great! Gives a good feeling :D
Ps... I see some good ideas on the activity mat, did you make it?

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Mother made it:D She is making a lot of toys for the shelter now. I can get some pics of parts and finished projects so you know what she uses these days! She has been using plastic plates, drilling holes, and tying toys to them too:)

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Oh wow okay so I was looking at past threads and saw the one I made when Folger last mutilated....that was in the middle of July! So it has been about 2 months now not a month:2_smile:

Most Reactions