snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
Has the parrotlet with missing toes been available for a long time? Often an animal that is not perfectly intact compensates in wonderful ways. You can bet he is well aware and it is a noble gesture to help a bird that is not "showroom perfect!"

Yes the little guy has been there for many months now. They don't let him come out. They say he can fly. So he can't come out. I have not been able to handle him. He seems like a sweet little bird. He comes over says hi then goes and dose his thing. The last Parrotlet they had was very sweet.

He is just so small. I think I want a bird that is a little larger too cuddle with. Anyone in Nor Cal want a little no toe Parrotlet? I should post a think for him to try and find him a home.

Last edited:

ScooterMcTavish

Jan 12, 2016
Great White North
Parrots
Monty - DYH Amazon, Rhubarb - Galah, Verdi - Canary
So much fun shopping for a new companion.

You mentioned an RB2 in a previous post. We recently added one to our flock, and have found it to be a treat, especially compared to our Amazon. The beak is smaller and manageable, the bird is very social with every member of the family, and it really isn't all that large. Sure, it's bigger than a cockatiel, but it's not huge either!

In my experience, the three worst bites I ever received from a bird are in this order:
1. GCC
2. Lovebird
3. Budgie

Man those little birds get a hold, and GRIND!

OP
snowflake311

snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
Well I went with the bird that picked me. He pulled out all the tricks to show me he was the one. He even rolled over fully. I am the proud mommy of a black capped conure. He is just like a green cheek. I am so in love with this bird. My daughter and I fight over him. He is so sweet at night and so fun and active during the day. We have only had him 4 days and he is amazing. Really nippy at first but already getting much better.

Breakfast of cheerios and soy milk.

Last edited:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm glad you ended up with the one you did! Sounds like he was meant to be. Very cute.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Well done! Not everyone pays attention to the "choosing" behavior. This bodes well for you!!

Most Reactions