Pickles ...

Deniseb153

Sep 24, 2015
VA
Parrots
Cockatiel and green cheek conure
Ok I will also write about my Pickles. She is very particular. For some reason she hates the 2 dark haired people in the house. She will posture and attack my husband and oldest daughter. My husband doesn't like birds so just stays away from her but my daughter has tried repeatedly to make nice. Tried time out,etc but not much working. Same with guests. Adores my mom who is rarely here who is blonde and kids' friends who are light haired but will run away from or try to bite dark haired friends. Sooooo weird.

Also if you mess with her routine she gets cranky. I have to sit next to her in morning and have cuddle time while I eat so she can share or she lets me hear it.

OP
Deniseb153

Deniseb153

Sep 24, 2015
VA
Parrots
She must be involved in what is going on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 126

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
My Jo Jo was the same way with my daughters boyfriend. Our solution, without being pushy, every time he walked by the cage he would give Jojo a simple treat and say hello and just continue on his way. After doing this for a while, he then began to have a treat ready for every time JoJo flu at him. The big thing was to not act like he was being attacked, but just a simple oh hello here you are, here's your snack!

Last edited:
OP
Deniseb153

Deniseb153

Sep 24, 2015
VA
Parrots
So Pickles does not like my reading glasses. They are a new thing and she does not want me to wear them. When she sees me put them on she climbs up to my shoulder and takes them off. She doesn't hurt them or me and can go about her business when she is done. Goofball!

Most Reactions

Latest posts