Pink fluff balls x2!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
So we're SLLLLLLOWWWLY making progress....I have both of these fluff monsters out -chili on my lap and flower on my shoulder....flower climbed down to my lap, and now I'm sitting here with one on each leg --this is the closest they've been to each other while out of their cage

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
How did I miss this?!?! They are both so beautiful they take my breath away.
I love the looks on their faces, so carefully watching each other. I bet they will be best buds in no time.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Chili was not happy at first and tried to bite me lol little turd.... But I have two hands- one for each bird :p , so after some head scritches for each, she was ok... They were each preening themselves on my lap, so we're making progress

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sweet! That's serious progress! Is it Flower on the left and Chili on the right?

I don't think I could ever keep Maya and Jolly on my legs long enough to snap a pic. Anything lower than my arms, shoulders or head is anathema. The closer they are to melding with my face, the better. Hahaha!

I'm also still working on getting them to hang out next to each other. You know, same arm, same leg, or even same branch? But like with Chili and Flower, it's a work in progress.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Yep! Flower's on the left and chili's on the right....easiest way to tell is chili has light colored feathers underneath her eyes and flower doesn't....but flower is also bigger and more dark pink

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Have you tried placing them very close together with you in the dark, or near dark? I've noticed an interesting difference in the behavior of some of my Goffins during low-light situations. The oldest offspring, Gabby, does not get along with his mother (Peanut) and younger brother; (Abby) the loathing is mutual. Put them in the same room uncaged and they will either chase or fight. However, I've been experimenting at bedtime with holding Gabby and approaching Peanut, Abby, and the acceptable middle brother, Squeaky. In near darkness, Gabby and Abby will cuddle and groom, while Gabby nuzzles his mother Peanut, who barely reciprocates. I'm quite sure they have an awareness of each other. They likely feel vulnerable during darkness, but could just as easily ignore one another.

Not sure if it will ever enhance the relationship by day, but it is nice to see them affectionate at least during a controlled environment. Perhaps it may be more meaningful with just two birds, Chili and Flower??

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Have you tried placing them very close together with you in the dark, or near dark? I've noticed an interesting difference in the behavior of some of my Goffins during low-light situations. The oldest offspring, Gabby, does not get along with his mother (Peanut) and younger brother; (Abby) the loathing is mutual. Put them in the same room uncaged and they will either chase or fight. However, I've been experimenting at bedtime with holding Gabby and approaching Peanut, Abby, and the acceptable middle brother, Squeaky. In near darkness, Gabby and Abby will cuddle and groom, while Gabby nuzzles his mother Peanut, who barely reciprocates. I'm quite sure they have an awareness of each other. They likely feel vulnerable during darkness, but could just as easily ignore one another.

Not sure if it will ever enhance the relationship by day, but it is nice to see them affectionate at least during a controlled environment. Perhaps it may be more meaningful with just two birds, Chili and Flower??

That's very interesting behavior!! I've never thought about doing that, but I think I'm too nervous to do it just because I don't want chili to lash out and hurt flower [emoji51]

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

That's very interesting behavior!! I've never thought about doing that, but I think I'm too nervous to do it just because I don't want chili to lash out and hurt flower [emoji51]

Trust your instincts, Shirre! My youngest Goffin is 18, and I've had the parents for about 27 years. You've had Flower a relatively short time so there's no need to hurry.

Most Reactions