Sep 27, 2011
Canada
Parrots
Piper - Peachface Lovebird;
Shade - Senegal Parrot;
Joey & Pixel - Red-bellied Parrots;
Petey & Zuri - Meyer's Parrots;
Léa - Cape Parrot
Piper is my 6 year old male PF Lovebird. (Although for quite a few years I thought he was a female until I had him sexed)

He "picked" me - some would say love at first sight ;)

He's also the first parrot I have personally owned (not counting "family" parrots).

He's a sweetheart and totally devoted to me. He loves everyone, but will look and call for me if I'm not around. If he could, he would spend his life permanently attached to me I'm sure.

Piper has a splayed leg, although that has never stopped him from doing anything! In fact, he runs faster than most Lovebirds I know and he flies like a champ!

You can read more about how I got him here:
Piper the Lovebird

Some pictures of Piper

0113-1.jpg

0090-1.jpg

0229.jpg

0160-1.jpg

0244.jpg

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Piper is just gorgeous too! I love that blue on her back, between her wings, I wish my hair was that color! :) You seem to have an amazing bond with all of your birds.:D

Eeba

Sep 25, 2011
Piper's colouring is my absolute favourite of all the lovebird colours :) I'm not sure what it's called (opaline blue?), but I love their white face, blue tails and little orange foreheads. He looks and sounds like a wonderful bird!

On another note: those are gorgeous photos -- I love the focus pull!

Kawaii

Sep 14, 2011
Hawaii
Parrots
So damn cute & learning fast!!
Piper is my 6 year old male PF Lovebird. (Although for quite a few years I thought he was a female until I had him sexed)

He "picked" me - some would say love at first sight ;)

He's also the first parrot I have personally owned (not counting "family" parrots).

He's a sweetheart and totally devoted to me. He loves everyone, but will look and call for me if I'm not around. If he could, he would spend his life permanently attached to me I'm sure.

Piper has a splayed leg, although that has never stopped him from doing anything! In fact, he runs faster than most Lovebirds I know and he flies like a champ!

You can read more about how I got him here:
Piper the Lovebird

Some pictures of Piper

0229.jpg

pen-8.gif
That is so adorable, and I love your lovebird's colors. I really like the light peach/beige face. Piper is soooo cute and fluffy!!

MilitaryBrat

Aug 21, 2011
0229.jpg

He kinda looks like he has a hoodie on in that picture lol
Hes so adorable :) I hope my baby lovebird grows up to look like him because he looks exactly like mine when he was little.

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
Oh gosh! I'm such a lovebird person! Piper is adorable and I love his name; it really fits him! I, also, have a pet PF lovebird. His name is Kirby, and, like your boy, he is totally devoted to me and friendly with everyone. Although I have larger parrots, too, lovebirds have long been one of my very favorite parrots. They are packed with personality and can be so affectionate, sweet, and devoted. So glad you posted pictures of your boy. I enjoyed seeing him and hearing about him.

Last edited:
OP
Shade

Shade

Sep 27, 2011
Canada
Parrots
Piper - Peachface Lovebird;
Shade - Senegal Parrot;
Joey & Pixel - Red-bellied Parrots;
Petey & Zuri - Meyer's Parrots;
Léa - Cape Parrot
thanks everyone! he definitively is full of personality and isn't afraid to let my other guys know who runs the show ;)

Piper's colouring is my absolute favourite of all the lovebird colours :) I'm not sure what it's called (opaline blue?), but I love their white face, blue tails and little orange foreheads. He looks and sounds like a wonderful bird!

On another note: those are gorgeous photos -- I love the focus pull!

I think he's either a dutch blue or a seagreen - can never remember.

IolaniAviary

Aug 2, 2011
Parrots
Lovebirds- Mango, Spyros, Ele, Aonani
Cockatiels- Pineki
Quakers- Maggie
Conures- Paco
The bird is not an Opaline Blue, it is a regular Seagreen closer to the blue series. There is no true blue mutation in Lovebirds, and Opaline has a red crown and red in the tail where the blue is.

Dutch Blue is no longer used in the Lovebird community by the way.

Last edited:

Most Reactions