platform perch

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I'm looking for a platform perch for Apollo's cage but I'm having a hard time finding something that fits what I want. I want it to be relatively large (roughly 5" x 5") but not one that needs to be in a corner. Any suggestions? The only ones i am finding that fit this are sandpaper perches and I don't want that.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Oooh, I actually like that those are stone rather than wood. Seems easier to clean since I can just soak it without worrying about the wood molding. It will be in contact with a lot of a poop as Apollo has taken to standing ontop of her pellet feeder box and just pooping on it xD

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Stone platforms of that size and a bit larger had been fairly common, but it has been several years since I have seen one. Happy that they are still available!
Thanks Al !!

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Actually, thank you very much for linking me this website. Lots of interesting toys that you don't see else where. I will definitely be buying from them more.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I have never seen anything like that.
What about temperature?
won’t that tend to make there feet cold?

Been looking for flat perches for Bingo because he’s having trouble Hanging on

Excellent question, the goal is to use them during the late Spring, Summer and early Fall, as temperature is an issue, especially in homes running a bit cooler during the Winter. Stone draws heat from the feet and are great when temperatures are warmer.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
I keep the bird room fairly warm so I am not worried about it hurting Apollo

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
Stone platforms of that size and a bit larger had been fairly common, but it has been several years since I have seen one. Happy that they are still available!
Thanks Al !!
The owner of that store only recently started selling them (in the last year or two?), I almost got a swing one for my budgies a few months back. Unfortunately shipping a small rock all the way to Australia will cost a fair bit. :confused:

Most Reactions