torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
I just finished making this one....sorry it's still messy on the floor...:p
Play Gym Photos by minsk80 | Photobucket

I used linoleum tiles for the base, so I don't have to mess with paper if I don't want to.
I think she likes it!
How about you?

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Oh I'm jealous! Looks like a lovely gym!

Love the lino idea too! :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
You have been QUITE busy lately, making SO many awesome things for Marley. Now that playtree is absolutely AWESOME!!!! :D And I LOVE the swing you made, too! Marley is a VERY lucky birdy lady.

Hey, you could try and putting that net on the tree, and see if she likes it there better. :D

You could truly market those and sell them. VERY well done!!!! (green with envy over here....)

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Great job! We put linoleum on the bottom of all our play gyms and love it. Sooo easy to clean. The majority of the time I do have newspaper on it, but if the paper is not there, it's a snap to clean.

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Wow, great job! I love it! :D

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
Where did you get the branches? I don't want to use wood that could potentially toxic.

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
Could I just take Branch off my maple tree and strip the bark off?

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
How about driftwood? Its going to be hard to tell where our came from but a play gym made of driftwood would be very decorative.

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Very impressive playgym / tree. Marley is luckeeeeeeeeeeee.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
How about driftwood? Its going to be hard to tell where our came from but a play gym made of driftwood would be very decorative.

I personally wouldn't use driftwood- don't know what it's soaked up along the way, and here in my state (Oregon) it's illegal to even take driftwood off the beach.

I've incorporated mulberry branches and bamboo that I've harvested off our property- because I know they're pesticide free too.

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
I'm basically going to copy that design, it is one if the nicer ones I have seen.

OP
torrap

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Where did you get the branches? I don't want to use wood that could potentially toxic.

I have taken down so many trees in the last couple of years, I have wood for all the pet birds in the World....LOL. My house is almost 30 years old, and originally planted trees were not doing very good anymore. I have mostly Aspen and Cottonwood branches. But I checked for you and Maple looks like a non-toxic wood for birds.
Here is a website:
Toxic and Safe Plants/Trees for Birds - Household Poisons

OP
torrap

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Oooooops, I am sorry I didn't see getwozzy's reply with the website for toxic and non-toxic plants and trees.....
Thank you getwozzy, I missed most of the posts today...was busy volunteering in the Bird Sanctuary this morning.....:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts