Play time

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
So after 1 week with us, Kass is adjusting very well to life in a house with lots of activity.

Right now, he is happily playing on his gym/perch. Going to town on ripping his toys to shreds. How do I know when we should pay more attention?

We play with him a lot and walk him around the house often, and we never leave him alone when he is out of his cage. There is always at least 1 person in the room with him, but we are not necessarily paying any attention, especially when he seems content to just rip his toys up on his own. He is like that only child who learned to play on his own LOL

I just don't want him bored. He seems perfectly content. He is always ready for us to pick him up for a walk or playtime with us though.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
YOU ARE DOING PERFECT!

I don't think you have to worry at all if this is your biggest concern.....!!!!!!

Just keep doing what your doing.

I can't think of anything different you could do that would be more beneficial; seems like a well adjusted bird.

I don't even need to know the species.....

OP
tfw

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
Right now, we just got home and I let him out onto his gym and he's super calm, but I noticed just the right wing quivering. I lightly poked it while petting his neck and no pain reaction. And now he keeps lifting it. Is this an invitation to pet under his wing (which I won't do anyway)? Or should I worry he hurt his wing somehow?

He was just slowly lifting his wing, and quietly squawking at me. I think he his dozing off now...but his win is slightly raised and quivering.

20190128_135928_zpsbqdaw6ra.jpg

20190128_140357_zpst6vexs1w.jpg

OP
tfw

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
Nevermind. Doc wants to see him so I'm taking him in a couple of hours.

OP
tfw

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
Vet thoroughly inspected his wings and legs. He doesn't suspect a fracture, but leaning more towards tender joints, possibly from a fall. He says Kass can extend his wings fully and definitely reacted more to the right wing joint than the left. I opted out of an xray since it didn't seem pressing per the vet, and we will just watch it the next 2 to 3 days. He is able to flap his wings fine. Vet says it's just tender.

As usual, Kass was a sweetheart and they all love him there....and he's only been there twice!

Most Reactions