Please help female eckie

Dec 3, 2011
Selling your problem pet to someone else probably isn't the best idea.

Some people think nothing of abusing animals under the guise of training them.

It is better for you, as the original owner, to take responsibility for this parrot as I am sure you wouldn't want her to fall into the wrong hands.

If you can't handle the squawking what makes you think someone else will be able to?

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
Criddle85

Re: Please help female eckie

I made a mistake she is 5 months old and he is 3 months old I have no chance to help them now I have to sell them :-(

I'm confused by your last post. Your previous post made it sound like you were making progress and your birds were happy.

Then you mention an error in age and that you must sell them???

shesocalifornia

Dec 3, 2011
Media
Wyoming
Parrots
Blue and Gold Macaw
Goffins Cockatoo
Umbrella cockatoo
Moluccan cockatoo
I did read somewhere that birds that never leave the nest so to speak develope bad behavior problems. I would have her looked at by a vet to rule out illness. I think they suggest that you don't hand rear birds you intend on keeping. However I don't have any experiences with this. The cockatiels I hand raised were all sold due to the fact anytime they saw me they associated me with food and starting screaming. lol. They were cute but six screaming birds begging for me became not so cute after awhile. They did great in their new homes and adjusted well.

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Come on people please be nice & don't comment until you know the whole story.

The reason behind the sale is because the neighbour has been complaining.

In Australia if someone complains about bird noise to their local council they have 2 options sell your birds within a certian time or the council will take them.

In this case it's not passing on your failure to someone else. If the right person takes on the birds & reinforces good behavior there isn't a problem as both birds are babies & have heaps to learn. The OP is having the same problems as shesocaliforina mentioned regarding her tiels.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts