Sunday conure
African grey
Cockatiel
Ciaque
Senegal
Blue crown conure
Hahns macaw
Alexan
Is there anyone out there that lives im mpls mn area? The is a cl post if you go to mpls under for sale and search cockatiel the post is in Brooklyn park. They want 180 each bird and there is 2. I'd get them myself but I don't have the money at the moment and they need out of there!!!!!
They are living in a cage on the ground of the garage. The cage is complete filth. It's never been cleaned. It looks like the bowl is filled with corn! There is corn all over the floor so they have been there a while. There is no water!!!! They have some type of heat lamp on top of cage who knows if it is too hot. But here is the worst part........ there is a dead bird in the corner of the cage!!!
If there is some one out there please go get them.
This is what I have tried.....I have tried texting them and asking either they just let me come get them due to the living condition or drop the price. Of course they never responded. I have called the humane society animal cops and got no where. I called a bird rescue and got no where. I am now posting here hoping for a fellow minnesotain with 360 dollars to see this.

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
Wow poor cockatiels. No water like WTF, what wrong with some people? The dead bird shows zero F##ks, or remorse given. These people need to get knock over the head to get some sense into them.

Last edited:
OP
C

Charliesmom

Apr 4, 2019
Minnesota
Parrots
Cinnamon green cheek conure
Sunday conure
African grey
Cockatiel
Ciaque
Senegal
Blue crown conure
Hahns macaw
Alexan
Yeah! No water, eating corn and living with a dead bird

OP
C

Charliesmom

Apr 4, 2019
Minnesota
Parrots
Sunday conure
African grey
Cockatiel
Ciaque
Senegal
Blue crown conure
Hahns macaw
Alexan
Shows how little these birds are cared about when they can't even remove the dead bird before taking the pictures for their post to sell them on cl!!!! That's sick

Ramble

Jul 4, 2019
Now in the beautiful Midwest!
Parrots
Bertie, the feisty, 17-yr-old, road-trippin’, green cheek conure
Is there anyone out there that lives im mpls mn area? The is a cl post if you go to mpls under for sale and search cockatiel the post is in Brooklyn park...
They are living in a cage on the ground of the garage. The cage is complete filth. It's never been cleaned. It looks like the bowl is filled with corn! There is corn all over the floor so they have been there a while. There is no water!!!! They have some type of heat lamp on top of cage who knows if it is too hot. But here is the worst part........ there is a dead bird in the corner of the cage!!!

Hey there- I'm glad you are taking an interest in their wellbeing! It's tough when you're not getting anywhere and you want to help. I've reported neglected animals on craigslist as well. I've found that you can send an email to the local animal control with a link to the ad and concern the birds have no water and they will at least look at it. It might help.
As far as the dead bird, I am not sure that's the case. It looks more like a corn husk, or possibly a plastic bag to me. Granted, that's not good either, but hopefully not a starved bird. I'm not sure what their feeding....looks more like chicken feed...

You might try reaching out again to the seller and just ask to see the birds (or have a friend use their phone if you're worried they might recognize your number.). It's possible, since this person is selling the birds for his father, that he really doesn't know anything about their care and think all birds eat the same thing.

If you come off as knowledgeable and easygoing, it might be easier for them to listen to suggestions, or even drop the price into the affordable range so you can get them into a safe place. If nothing else, you get to see how they really look, and can go from there. Good luck!:grey:

OP
C

Charliesmom

Apr 4, 2019
Minnesota
Parrots
Sunday conure
African grey
Cockatiel
Ciaque
Senegal
Blue crown conure
Hahns macaw
Alexan
Is there anyone out there that lives im mpls mn area? The is a cl post if you go to mpls under for sale and search cockatiel the post is in Brooklyn park...

Hey there- I'm glad you are taking an interest in their wellbeing! It's tough when you're not getting anywhere and you want to help. I've reported neglected animals on craigslist as well. I've found that you can send an email to the local animal control with a link to the ad and concern the birds have no water and they will at least look at it. It might help.
As far as the dead bird, I am not sure that's the case. It looks more like a corn husk, or possibly a plastic bag to me. Granted, that's not good either, but hopefully not a starved bird. I'm not sure what their feeding....looks more like chicken feed...

You might try reaching out again to the seller and just ask to see the birds (or have a friend use their phone if you're worried they might recognize your number.). It's possible, since this person is selling the birds for his father, that he really doesn't know anything about their care and think all birds eat the same thing.

If you come off as knowledgeable and easygoing, it might be easier for them to listen to suggestions, or even drop the price into the affordable range so you can get them into a safe place. If nothing else, you get to see how they really look, and can go from there. Good luck!:grey:

Oh I hope your right about the corn husk. When I look I see an eye socket and nose holes. These birds are haunting me and I keep checking hoping someone bought them but I know the 180 they are asking is high.
You gave me good ideas and I did try humane society but not animal control. Even if they couldmake sure they had some water! They have the dry as a bone blue dish on top of their cage!
And yes chicken feed! I couldn't put my finger on it what it looked like.i kept thinking wild bird food but I knew that wasn't right. I think you nailed it.

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
Was this from the listing? You might be right it could be a dead cockatiel can see what looks to be a foot wrap around the bottom perch, but also looks like a bag as can see it sticking out of the cage and thin material, now that I look closer? Do see no water as well and bowl on top of cage and just corn in the cage with the combine bud-light on the floor.

9TXChZd.jpg

qBR4mjB.jpg

qsmrinb.jpg

2ntrLLS.jpg

Last edited:

Ramble

Jul 4, 2019
Now in the beautiful Midwest!
Parrots
Bertie, the feisty, 17-yr-old, road-trippin’, green cheek conure
That's the one. The water bowl is definitely outside the cage. The "bird" does look more like a bag to me. Still, not great living for the little ones.

OP
C

Charliesmom

Apr 4, 2019
Minnesota
Parrots
Sunday conure
African grey
Cockatiel
Ciaque
Senegal
Blue crown conure
Hahns macaw
Alexan
Yes that's the post. It's so gross. Even if it's not a dead bird I just can't believe how nasty these birds are living. It makes me so sad. I want to know what that is in the cage!? But even still who wouldn't for even the sake of pictures to sell them at least try to clean it up? It just shows that they don't care.
And yes, do you like the fact they are sitting with the rest of the garbage in the garage..... bud light box? Old rusty cage next to it you can see corner of it. Hope nothing is in that.
I wish I had the money right now but I don't. Im still trying though. Not giving up yet. In the mean time I keep checking hoping someone else got them out of there

Most Reactions

Latest posts