Please help

Mddoctor1

Jan 12, 2024
Parrots
Lovebird
I have a lovebird 6 years old that has Psitaccine disease has very few feathers but since 3 day ago he started to bite it self and he’s developing some kind of pústulae so there are no vets near where a live but I’m a Doctor and started an Augmentin therapy…he is drinks and eats normally just his behavior bitting its self in the left leg and sluggish secretion from that area …literally crying writing this …thank you.Sorry for my English.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I have a lovebird 6 years old that has Psitaccine disease has very few feathers but since 3 day ago he started to bite it self and he’s developing some kind of pústulae so there are no vets near where a live but I’m a Doctor and started an Augmentin therapy…he is drinks and eats normally just his behavior bitting its self in the left leg and sluggish secretion from that area …literally crying writing this …thank you.Sorry for my English.
That's sad to hear I hope things improve

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Since you are a medical professional. I would strongly recommend that you contact an Avian Professional in your country. They should be happy to explain what to look for and help define a specific care for your Parrot. Plus provide guidance regarding treatment /medication.

I hope that this helps!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
What Sailboat said!

Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts