Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
I didn't realize how lucky I am to live in NJ as I have a CAV 12 mins away and a 24 hour Emergency Vet that has a CAV always on staff. Wow. I really hope you find one closer!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
If you don't have a CAV, there are some exotics vets who can do blood etc. You have to know enough to tell the good ones from the bad ones if you do go that route. I have had Noodles' blood-work done at an exotics vet in the past because I needed it done right away...They were able to do it...But just know, there are a lot of terrible exotics vets out there who THINK they know what they are doing...So....they aren't all terrible, but some really shouldn't accept avian patients (even though they would never agree with that statement).

sunshine.within

Sep 19, 2018
I’m so happy that you rescued her. Thank you! The fact that you found her brings tears to my eyes.
Everyone else has given the best advice ever so I’m just going to say that you should just bond with her right now. Sit close to her, spoon feed her, read to her, give her something to play with and play with her...
I think that this bond was meant to be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunshine.within

Sep 19, 2018
I’m sorry about the vet situation...Mine is great but is very far, in Southern California. I’m sure the clinic will offer advice or even put you on the phone with the vet. If you’d like their contact info just let me know!
I actually found them through this amazing board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts